chapter sixteen

The smell of hairspray. The excitement from the audience. The rush of being on stage. The loud music throughout the large room.

That's right. I'm at a dance competition.

I was freaking out. Paige stood next to me fixing my hair. Our group were going over some parts of the dance.

" Paige, I don't think I'll remember the changes." I say biting my lip.

" Of course you will. You always do, so stop worrying about it." Paige says.

" Girls, we ready? We have to meet the boys backstage." Our dance instructor says. We gather together and walk out of the dressing room. We walk backstage to see the boys in the dance. Louis walks up to me and Paige.

" Ready?" Louis asks.

" No. What if I mess up? What if I fall on my face doing my aerial?" I ask.

" You nail it every time so I don't know why you're worrying." Paige says.

" But, what if Liam doesn't like me dancing anymore? This is my passion, I just can't give it up. What if Liam sees me dancing and he doesn't love me anymore?" I freak out. Louis places his arms on mine. He makes me look at him.

" Liam will still love you no matter what. Don't worry about if Liam will hate you and your dancing because he won't. He obviously loves you so much just to show up here and support you. So, just shut up and dance." Louis says smiling at the end. I smile.

" I see what you did there." I say.

" Exactly." Louis says.

" Next up in the hip-hop category, is Front and Center Dance Academy with Dance with Me!" The announcer announces. I look at Louis scared.

" Shit, that's us." I say. Louis pulls me to the stage.

" And we'll do fine." Louis says.

Ben walks on the stage and stands at center facing backwards. The music starts and he turns around facing the crowd. He lip syncs to the voice over. Then the rest of the group came on starting to dance.

As I was doing my solo part of the dance, I looked into the crowd to see a sea of people's faces. I tried looking harder to find Liam, but I couldn't do it. There was just too many people in the crowd.

I finished my little solo part and continued on with the dance. Eventually our group hit the last pose all out of breath.

The crowd cheered and we all walked off. Louis runs up to me and hugs me.

" See, I told you you would do fine!" Louis says.

" Yeah, I guess you're right. But we won't know until awards." I say.

" Hey Louis, want to get some food with me?" Paige asks Louis out of breath. Louis looks at her and smiles.

" Sure. Let me just go get some money." Louis says. They walk away together. I smile at them. I was about to walk to the audience when I'm stopped by Ben.

" Hey, you did good out there." Ben says.

" Thanks you too. Have you seen my parents?" I ask.

" They're out in the audience waiting for you." Ben says.

" Thanks Ben. See you at awards." I say. I walk to the audience doors and searched through the crowd looking for either my parents or Liam. I felt someone grab my hand and pull me somewhere. I look to see Liam pulling me to my parents, Rachel, and she had to bring Niall. Liam pulls me to the four of them. Mother throws her arms around me.