Poor Raku-Chan

Raku-Chan was laid out in front of me, her expression blank. Her heart still beating, but it wasn't the same. This was something my green tea couldn't fix. Her heart was broken, so broken it nearly took her life. There laid Raku-Chan, she was alive yet so lifeless. Her usual smile was gone. All she did was lay, looking at the ceiling. She didn't want to go swimming, she didn't want to go underwear shopping, she didn't want anything!

She had no interest in the stuff she used to love, she was hollow now. There was nothing I could do. I just have to sit and watch my friend suffer in her own mind. It hurt. I miss her. I miss the old Raku-Chan. I want a way to get her back.

The days went the same, taking Raku-Chan to the vet, getting no answers, coming home, making her green tea, and hating myself for letting this happen. Today was like all of those days, as I stood Raku-Chan up, A walked with her to her vet appointment. 

We sat in the lobby, my anxiety building as we waited for Vet-Sama. The room felt so crowded, and I heard someone call for Raku-Chan, but it wasn't Vet-Sama.

"Hey Raku-Chan! Hey Koneko-Chan!" Yelled a blue-haired man, who I had once called a friend, name Hitoshi-San.

"I told you you weren't allowed anywhere near Raku-Chan. Get out."

"But Koneko-Chan, I didn't mean to-"

I slapped him, I think he got the point because he looked down, and walked back out the door. I wish Raku-Chan never fell for that man. Hitoshi didn't deserve Raku-Chan's heart.

It wasn't long after Raku and I were called into the office.

Vet-Sama seemed like she had something important to say, she had a confident smirk. Seeing her not look at Raku-Chan like it was hopeless made me feel a lot better.

"I have found a possible cure for Raku-Chan's broken heart!"

"Ah! That's amazing! A prescription? A surgery? Anything!"

"It's a bit more complicated on your part."

"Anything! I just want my dear friend back to normal!"

"The only way to fix Raku-Chan's broken heart is to fill it with love. She needs romantic love from a suitor."

The situation went back to hopelessness. Raku-Chan's heart belonged to Hitoshi-San, and Hitoshi-San loved Bokutachi-san.

My mind started scheming of ways to get Hitoshi-San to lose his strong, homosexual feeling for Bokutachi-san.  But that was hopeless.

Those two were the perfect guy couple, I couldn't find it in my heart to take that away, even if I hated them both for breaking Raku-Chan's heart. In all truth, I couldn't totally hate Hitoshi-San.

All I could think of was the time he and I spent hours searching for Raku-Chan. He was a good friend, he just can't give Raku-Chan the thing she needs most, his love.

I spoke up, "That's really the only way..?"

"I can keep searching, but for now, yes."

"Thank you Vet-Sama... I'll try to use that information the best I can."

"It's my job Koneko-Chan, we'll cure her soon enough."

With that new knowledge, I and the hallowed husk that was once my beloved friend, left.