20

aspen

"stupid damn knee pads," billie muttered as she pulled them on. "i don't wanna wear these."

"well, you know, maybe if you wouldn't have taken 'bruises on both my knees' a little too literally, you wouldn't have to," i sent her a look as i diverted my attention from my phone to her.

she pouted. "shut up."

"nah."

when she finished pulling her knee pads on, she walked over to sit beside me. she hooked her arms around my left arm, and she leaned her head on my shoulder. she briefly read over the article i was reading.

"baby..." she trailed off.

i clicked my phone off, and i set it to the side. it was some article, with pictures from the other day when i didn't let billie hold my hand. as always, the media was making shit up about the situation and assuming things.

i can't have one moment. i've never had one moment, and i had one moment, and there it is written about.

"the media is always gonna say shit," billie mumbled as she hugged my arm tighter. "it doesn't mean anything though; just ignore it, my love."

recently, it seems like the media always has shit to say about me. there was the whole thing with raelyn where they accused me of cheating, the incident with that group of fans outside my house where they found someway to blame me and call me rude, and then now there's this.

"it's so much easier said than done though," i sighed as i found her hand and interlaced our fingers.

i'm so tired of the media.

"i know," she kissed my shoulder. "i know, baby."

i turned so that i could bury my face into her chest. she moved her arms to wrap them around my body. she comforted me as we sat there.

[|]

"i'm so glad that tonight is a hotel night," billie said as she plopped onto the bed after our shower.

"me too," i sighed as i pulled on one of her hoodies. "i'ma go see if there's a way to the rooftop though; i need some fresh air."

her brows furrowed briefly. "can i come with you?"

"yeah, of course," i nodded.

we both slipped on a pair of shoes. i held my hand out for her's, and she placed her hand in mine. she interlaced our fingers, and we walked out of our hotel room.

we eventually did find a way up to the rooftop. once we walked up there, i walked over to the barrier around the edge, and i climbed onto to it to sit on top of it. billie leaned against it and crossed her arms over the top of it.

"remember when we did this at the hotel back in toronto?" billie asked as she gazed out at the city.

"yeah, i do," i gave a small smile.

"i almost kissed you that night," she admitted.

"really?" my brows furrowed as i turned and looked down at her. "why didn't you?"

"i was too nervous. especially after you called me pretty," her face flushed. "you had me blushing so hard."

"oh, trust me, i could tell," i teased with a snicker.

her jaw dropped, and she placed her hand over her heart in faux offense. i giggled before i leaned down to give her a sweet kiss.

"you're blushing again," i continued to mess with her.

"shut up," she grumbled cutely. "leave me aloneeee."

"if i were to leave you alone, you wouldn't make it five minutes without telling me to come back," i sent her a look. "lil' clingy ass."

"i'm not clingy," she muttered stubbornly as she crossed her arms over her chest.

i sent her another look. "billie... you are the clingiest person i know."

she pouted. i got down off the barrier before cupping her cheeks. "don't worry though! it's cute as hell, and i love it."

she smiled shyly. i brought her forward, and i pressed my lips to her's. she reacted immediately, and she pulled me in by the waist. my fingers moved to tangle into her hair as we made out.

she was the first to pull back. "we should probably go inside, yeah?" she chuckled.

"yeah, let's go," i agreed with a nod before taking her hand in mine.

§§§

"i still avoid medication. i'd rather take a vacation. drive around all of the outlets, buy things and later regret it," i sang as i played the chords on the piano.

"spend a whole week in hawaii. fall asleep under the palm trees. down a whole bottle of whiskey. count all of the people who hate me."

"i don't know if i'll be alright. what will it take to make this good? oh, someone tell me it gets better. better, better, better. because for tonight, i'm just not alright."

i let out a sigh. i let my head hang as i stopped playing the piano. i kinda just stared at the keys for a while.

after a bit though, i sat up some. i was going to try to continue writing the song, but i stopped as billie came into the room.

"oh, there you are," her eyes lit up as they landed on me. "i was looking for you, baby. you didn't answer my texts or anything."

"my bad," i apologized softly. i picked my phone up, and i showed it to her as i tried to turn it on. "my phone died."

"ohhh," she dragged out as she nodded. "that's okay then, love."

she walked over, and she sat on the piano bench beside me. she puckered her lips for a kiss, and i happily gave her one.

"whatcha doing?" she asked as she hooked her arms around my right one. "are you writing a new song?"

i closed my notebook. "i was working on one, but..." i shrugged. i'm not sure if i want her to see that one.

i kissed her again. "play me something?" i requested as i looked at her with big, puppy dog eyes.

"alright," she complied. "any requests?"

"hmm..." i thought for a moment. "ilomilo?" i asked hopefully with a smile.

the corners of her lips turned upwards. "of course."

i watched as she started playing the chords. "told you not to worry, but maybe that's a lie. honey, what's your hurry? won't you stay inside?" she sang softly.

i couldn't help but smile as i rested my chin on her shoulder. i kissed her cheek and listened to her sing.

as long as billie is with me, everything is alright.

§§§

a/n ayooo

thoughts?

predictions?

how're y'all? y'all good?

words:
1110