Part 18

Team Flash's plan was carried out, and they are now at the Ferris Air Testing Facility. The airfield used for testing is also located in the city, wherein Barry's super speed was assessed by the team as he ran along a road before crashing into a group of water barrels.

"Did you really bump into water barrels, dad?"

Henry laughed.

Barry sighed and nodded.

"Yeah, kid."

"Your dad is kind of clumsy, or shall I just say clumsy?"

Cisco laughed.

"Quit sugarcoating the truth, Ramon."

Harry smirked.

"You guys aren't helping."

"At all"

Caitlin said

After Caitlin complained, the guys went back to work and fixed the machines they would be using for Henry's ability assessment while Henry was keeping himself distracted to lessen his nervousness.

"You alright, son?"

While doing his work, Barry asked.

"Y-Yup"

"All good."

Henry gave him a thumbs-up.

Caitlin went to his boys and said, "Hmm... I don't think so."

"What do you mean?"

Barry asked.

"Baby, are you nervous?"

She smiled at Henry.

"Uhm, just a bit, mom."

Henry smiled back.

Barry pats his head.

"Aww, don't worry, buddy"

"That's safe."

He said

"Coming from someone who we just mentioned earlier that stumbled into barrels of water during his training,"

"Yeah, I don't think that can help Henry, Barry"

Cisco teased him.

Barry squinted his eyes while looking at him.

"Anyways..."

"We'll keep you safe, kiddo!"

Cisco smiled and gave Henry a thumbs-up.

"Of course."

"Plus, your dad will follow you behind."

"Just stay calm."

Harry smiled at him to give assurance.

Cisco attached some detectors to Henry's body for the assessment.

"I trust you, Uncle Cisco."

He said

Cisco looked at him and smiled, "As you should, Henry."

Minutes later, after the preparations, Henry is ready to go.

"Hey!"

"Hey, buddy."

"One last pep talk before we test your powers?"

Barry said as Caitlin went near them to listen.

Henry nodded.

"Keep yourself calm, okay?"

"The more you are calm, the more it'll work."

Barry said

"Don't push it if you can't do it, okay?"

"Let it be natural, baby. Try to control it so we can see what else you can do for us to help you with it. "

Caitlin added

"Got it, mom and dad."

He smiled.

"Dad, watch my back, okay?"

Henry smiled again.

Barry gave him two thumbs-up.

"Okay, you ready, Henry?"

Harry asked.

Henry nodded.

"On my count,"

"3..."

"2.."

"1."

Right after Harry finished the countdown, Henry left like a ghost. He was that fast to vanish in an instance. The current difference between his dad, Barry, and him is that he leaves trails of ice, which seem to look like a path of snow.

Henry was running and running until he came back from the starting point where his family is. He used his cryokinetic powers to slow down his speed and also serve as his stopper. Caitlin noticed how Henry's eyes glowed and went back to normal after he used his cryokinetic ability, thinking that he got it from her. She smiled because of this realization.

They decided to run some different tests to see his other speedster abilities and a little bit of his cryokinetic abilities as he had already shown some of his tricks during his run.

-------------
A/N

Here's an update for everyone! Thank you for being patient. Two more chapters to go! I'm hoping to give my readers a great ending.

Don't forget to press the star button to vote for the chapters! Feel free to comment and express your thoughts regarding the story ❤️

Thank you!