22

Knock. Knock. Knock.

"Five more minutes," I grumble sleepily.

"Happy birthday to you," a familiar voice begins to sing through the door.

I groan but I can't help the grin that slowly spreads across my face when I hear him continuing to sing to me.

It's my birthday today, and my boyfriend is singing to me.

My heart melts as he finishes the song and the door to my room opens. He has a beautiful voice.

"Good morning, my beautiful girlfriend," he says, grinning brightly as he stands in the doorway to my room.

Okay, I've been awake for five minutes and my day is already incredible.

"Get ready, I have so many surprises for you, birthday girl," he says before jogging over to my bed and pecking my lips before jogging back out into the hallway.

"Meet me in the cafeteria, okay baby?" He says before winking at me and leaving me alone to get ready for the day.

After a quick shower, I pull my wet hair into a side braid before dressing into my usual outfit and then I brush my teeth, lost in my thoughts.

What is Jin planning?

After walking into the cafeteria, I see Jin waiting at our usual table with our food and he's staring at me, a soft smile spread across his face.

"I got all of your favorites," he says proudly, gesturing to my tray filled with fried eggs, toast and bacon.

My mouth waters and I groan in appreciation before sitting down and digging into my birthday breakfast.

"Can't forget this," he chuckles as he pushes a glass of orange juice to me.

I clap happily before picking up the glass and taking a sip. "You remembered all of my favorite breakfast foods and you even remembered my favorite juice?"

"Of course, Clara Bear," he says, leaning over and kissing my cheek.

I smile at him, my cheeks stuffed with food and he laughs.

"Cute," he mumbles.

After we finish our breakfasts, he takes our trays and puts them up before taking my hand in his and leading us out of the cafeteria towards the garden.

"No group therapy?" I ask in confusion.

"Yes, but I requested that we do it outside. It's cool and cloudy today, which is your favorite weather besides when it rains," he explains.

"Jin," I whisper in awe. Is it possible for someone to be this incredible?

"Shh," he says, squeezing my hand as he holds the door open for me. "This is only the beginning, my love."

**********

"Oh my goodness!" I exclaim when we enter the day room and I see two familiar faces waiting at our usual table.

"Happy birthday!" Jimin and Yoongi say at the same time before I run up and hug them both at the same time.

"I've missed you two!" I say, kissing both of them on the cheek.

"I saw you two weeks ago," Yoongi says, laughing.

"Shut up," I say jokingly, flicking his forehead before hugging him again. "How are you two?"

"Jimin got promoted at the restaurant," Yoongi brags.

Jimin laughs. "Call me manager now."

I smile brightly.

I've missed these two.

"Let's build a card castle fit for this princess, shall we?" Jin says from behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his chin on top of my head.

"Don't hog all of the cards this time," Jimin says, smacking Jin on the arm as he lets me go and pulls out a chair for me.

After building a house of cards that Jin describes as "worldwide majestic," Jimin and Yoongi have to leave to go to work.

"I couldn't work at the restaurant again because of what happened, but I got a job at the local library. You know girls love librarians," Yoongi says, winking at me.

"Get to work, boys," I say, rolling my eyes.

"Happy birthday, beautiful. We'll see you soon. Okay?" Jimin says, kissing my forehead.

"Thanks for coming," I say, hugging him tightly.

"Remember when you couldn't hug us?" Yoongi says as he pulls me away from Jimin and into his own arms.

"I do remember. And I also remember promising you two huge hugs when I got better," I grin as Yoongi squeezes me tightly.

"You've gotten yourself stuck with us for a long, long time, beautiful. You have plenty of time to give us a million hugs," Yoongi says, laughing when I squeeze him back just as tightly.

After kissing my cheek, Yoongi pulls away and Jin and I wave as Jimin and Yoongi leave.

"I'm guessing you helped plan that," I say, turning to my boyfriend.

He winks at me. "I thought you'd want to see your best friends on your birthday."

I hug him, resting my head on his chest. "This is the best birthday I've ever had, Jin. Really. Thank you."

"Hey, there's still half a day left to celebrate you turning 25," he reminds me as he absentmindedly plays with my braid. "Let's go get some lunch and then we can take a walk outside. As long as Mother Nature listens to me, it should rain soon just for you."

I laugh as I stand on my tiptoes and kiss his cheek. "Baby, even if it was 100 degrees outside and drier than a desert, I'd still be having the best day of my life because of you."

"Wow. 25-year-old Clara is cheesy. I like it," he says, laughing.

I hum in response and rest my head on his chest again, feeling the vibrations from his laughter.

"You know you have my heart, right?" He says quietly and I look up at him.

He is staring down at me, sincerity and love filling his gaze.

I slowly nod. "And you have mine."

"Yoongi and Jimin aren't the only ones you're gonna be stuck with for a very, very long time."

"Good."

Jin kisses my forehead before taking my hand in his and leading us to the cafeteria where I'm surprised with a birthday cake.

"Happy birthday, Clara Bear," he whispers in my ear when everyone begins to sing to me.