Chapter 19

I don't think anyone asked for this, but I'm making it anyway.

You think I can post every day until my birthday? Im gonna try.

———

Zak's POV

Most of the walk to school was just my cousins bickering back and forth. Put that on top of me having to carry their bags, it was a pretty horrible walk. And due to a sickness, Techno was out for the week and wasn't able to walk to school with me, which just made it less bearable.

However, somehow, I made it. As now I am in front of the building, handing my cousins their bags back. One of them rolled their eyes, and the other ignored me, taking the bag and walking away.

Not that I minded or anything. The only thing I did mind, was the fact that I was going to get bombarded with questions about this dang black eye. Luckily, my beanie was covering the other bruise, but there was no way I could have covered the black eye.

I sigh as I walk into the building, looking down at my feet instead of up. I had the entire school layout memorized, so it wasn't hard to find my way to the library. I still had 10 minutes until class, plus I wanted to avoid my friends. The library is the last place they'd think to find me.

I push open the doors, still looking down. I only look up once to find an open table. Luckily, there was one near the back. I walk towards it, listening to the air flow around me as I walk.

I sit down, sighing. I pull my phone out of my pocket and open it. Seeing as I have no notifications, I just open Twitter, scrolling through it. Time passes by quickly, and I just barely hear the bell ring. I stand up, already late to class, before running out of the library.

———

I pant as I walk into the classroom, immediately walking towards the first open desk. "Zak! Why are you late?" the teacher yells, glaring at me. I don't look at her, instead I just sit down, ignoring her.

She huffed, before going back to teaching. Some people just laugh, others stay quiet. I sigh quietly, just copying down everything the teacher says throughout the lesson that I actually hear. After the entire hour, I only have one page of notes.

I ignore it, packing up immediately as the bell rings. Everyone around me bursts into chatter, and for once, I'm completely silent.

———

Darryl's POV

The halls are loud as I walk into the building, people rushing to meet up with their friends, or take selfies. Some people even have tennis balls, bouncing them as they walk down the halls. Typical high school behavior.

I walk past all these people, instead going towards my first class. I wanted to get there early so I could apologize for not being there yesterday. I didn't see Zak until lunch anyway, and I had no idea where that troublemaker would be, meaning I couldn't see him.

I make it to my first class pretty quickly. When I enter, it's empty except for my teacher, who's sitting at his desk. I smile, walking over to him. "Hello, Mr. Stevens!" I greet him, and he looks up, returning my smile. "Hello Darryl! What brings you here?" he responds.

"Well, since I wasn't here yesterday, I wanted to collect the work I missed, if you don't mind. I can get it done before tomorrow, sir," I answer, and he looks back down at his desk again.

He pulls open a drawer and pulls a few sheets of paper out. "Here you are Darryl! Take your time!" he says, before going back to typing on his computer. I smile, turning to leave. I had another 20 minutes before class started anyway.

———

The first three classes went by pretty quickly, except for the fact that I now had three stacks of papers to finish before tomorrow. That would take a while tonight. But that doesn't matter, because now it's lunch. And that means I can finally talk to Zak.

I walk into the lunchroom, the sound of voices and screaming filling my ears. I look around for a second, not really spotting anyone I recognize. That is, until I hear a loud laugh come from across the room.

You can see the table clearly now. All of Zak's friends are there, and right next to them, is Zak. His back is to me, so I can't see much of him. I start to walk towards him, until sudden nerves fill me. There's so many people there. How does he deal with that?

I turn away, I can always see Zak later, right? Yeah, at tutoring. Yeah. I start to walk away, leaving the lunchroom and Zak behind.

———

Zak's POV

When it's finally lunch, I sit with my friends. Most of them know me for getting hurt because of how clumsy I am, so they didn't ask why I had a black eye.

A few minutes into lunch though, I sense someone behind me. Getting my hopes up, I immediately suspect it's Darryl. However, when I turn around, the only person I see is some girl with pink hair, laughing with her friends.

I frown, and turn back towards my friends. One of them gives me a weird look, and I just awkwardly smile at them.

The rest of lunch goes like normal. Even though I could probably get the free lunches, I didn't usually eat. I hated eating in front of people. So I just talked while my friends ate.

Surprisingly, I didn't see Darryl at all throughout the entire lunch period, which made me both worried and disappointed. But it didn't matter, because I'll see him at tutoring today.

I let out a breath, and leave the lunch room. I had to get through the next classes to see Darryl, but it's fine. Because I'll do anything to see him.

———

Okay, cool ending, yeah yeah. It's almost my birthday! I'm going to try and post everyday until my birthday (Saturday) and then Ill do one final post on my birthday! It may take a week or two for the next chapter after that to come out, but yeah.

Thoughts?- comment them here!

Constructive criticism?- comment it here!

Ideas?- comment them here!

Word Count: 1067