Chapter 5

I roll over and wake up to Rick still in bed which is a surprise. I open my eyes and scream to my shock "Oh my god" I quickly shut myself up once I realise whats happened. "You.. you shaved" I gasp in shock. "Seriously, seriously..." He sits up shaking his head at me. "It shocked me, i went to bed with a bearded man and now ive woke up to, well, you" I giggle as he continues to shake his head at me. "That, thats not nice" He points his finger at me as he gets out of bed. "No, its sexy, really sexy, i havent seen you without a beard in so long" I bite my lip as I watch him walk to the bathroom. "Well im glad you approve" he chuckles as he gets himself dressed. "Alex is still asleep" I sit myself up in the bed properly. "Okay?" He looks at me confused while he does his belt up. "So... why are you getting dressed?" He looks at me, finally getting the hint. "Oh, oh okay" He smirks as he throws his belt back on the floor and crawls onto the bed. "Oh no I need saving, oh what will Rick Grimes do to save me" I throw myself back dramatically as he laughs while finally placing himself between my legs.

"Rick Grimes, is going to give you the best sex of your life" he says between breaths as he kisses my neck "so good, your heart will be racing" I feel him smirk in my neck. "Best get started then" He pulls his head up and our lips collide. "Daddddy" Alex shouts from outside our bedroom door. We stop and look at eachother in disappointment "ill finish myself off" I whisper while tapping Rick on the cheek for him to get up. "Well I cant finish myself off" He gets up quickly putting his pants and belt back on "thats what happens when youre the cool parent" I shrug and sit in bed as Rick looks back at me in jealousy. "Hi baby" he smiles while lifting Alex into his arms. "Shall we sit with mommy!" I frown and bite down on my lip as Rick has a huge grin across his face "Yea lets sit with mommy" he places Alex on the bed and sits opposite me. "Morning baby" I cuddle Alex while Rick sits laughing. "I hate you" i mouth to him as he quickly gets into the shower, able to escape the two of us for a moment.

** One Month Later**

"Alright Alex, you be good for auntie Maggie and uncle Glenn while mommy and daddy go out" I ruffle his hair as he runs inside to play with Herschel. "You two be safe out there, radio us if any of you need help" Glenn stands beside Maggie as myself and Rick get ready to go out into the woods with Daryl and Shane to see if Negan is making any progress. "We'll be fine" I smile, "Make sure he behaves" Rick nods at Maggie "hes usually an angel, he'll be fine" Maggie giggles "And thats on getting my personality" I smile at Rick as he nods his head in disagreement. "Alright, bye guys" I give Maggie a hug as we leave Alexandria. "Alright, with walkers look at their eyes to be able to tell if its a whisperer or not, got it?" Rick demands as the 4 of us wonder through the woods. "Stay close" he takes hold of my hand, I nod and follow behind him with Daryl behind me. "Have you seen any since?" I turn asking Daryl. "Yea, a couple, ive got pretty good at pointing them out" he smiles. I turn back and continue to follow behind Rick. "Shit" Shane mumbles as we stumble into a small herd of walkers, so we thought. "Stay aware" Rick shouts as we all take our knifes out and start killing off the walkers.

Me and Daryl stay close to eachother, watching each others backs while stabbing the walkers one by one, "watch your back" he shouts as he manages to get one just as it grabs hold of my backpack. "We need to run Rick" Shane shouts while trying his best to keep them off him. "Alright, alright come on guys" Rick starts running ahead leading the way to HillTop. We are start running behind him in single file, killing walkers as we run to try slow down the herd following us. "Come on" he shouts while looking back at me and Daryl trying to keep some walkers back. We start to pick up our pace through the woods, but its winter, the ground is covered in broken tree branches and mud. "Shit" I shout as I fall to the ground. "Here" Daryl reaches down, pulling my arm so I can get up, "thanks" I smile as we continue to run and catch up with Rick and Shane who stand at HillTop gates waiting for us.

"What happened to you two, we lost you" Shane shouts as we finally get to the gates. "She tripped over, I helped her up thats all" Daryl says while breathless. "Are you alright" Rick instantly walking over to me and cupping my face in his hands. "Yea im fine" I smile, not thinking about what he was asking. We finally get into HillTop to safety. "Whats going on out there?" Carol asks as she sprints to the gates "A small herd, whisperers must be out there gathering them up, we had to run here" Shane pulls her in for a hug while explaining her situation. I stand listening when I get a sharp pain through my stomach. I hunch over slightly and place my hand on my stomach, catching Ricks eye. "Carol, can I use your bathroom" I smile at her as the two of us walk to her house, leaving the guys outside. "Just up the stairs on the left" she points as I walk up the stairs. I shut the door and collapse on the floor in pain. "Oh my god" I gasp as I see my jeans are covered in blood between my legs. "No, no no" I sit myself on the toilet as the blood pours from me and my stomach cramps with sharp pains. "Fuck" I cry to myself. "Im so sorry" I whisper while crying into my hands.

I had just agreed with Rick, just agreed that if he stays at home more we will go ahead with the baby, he kept to his word and had been home every single day with me and Alex, I was a month and a half into this pregnancy. I sit on the toilet in silence for a while, a million thoughts running through my head, at the start I know I said I didnt want this baby, but I never wanted, or wished for this to happen. I stand up and pull my pants up, knowing I wont be able to hide whats happened. I take some deep breaths and wipe my face of any tears and head down the stairs and back outside. I walk half way over to Shane, Daryl, Rick and Carol before stopping as I see Rick turn and look at me. I shake my head at him and hold back my tears. I see his face drop as he comes running over to me "What" he holds my hands and looks down. "I fell while running, straight onto my stomach Rick" Tears roll down my cheek as he wraps his arms around me and pulls me into his chest. I turn my head and see everyone watching the two of us. "Im so sorry Rick, im so sorry" I sob into his chest. "Dont be sorry, it was an accident" he rubs the back of my head as tears roll down his face and onto my shoulder. "Im so sorry" I continue to whisper as we hug for a while. "You okay to come back with us?" He pulls away looking down at me "Ill be fine" I nod my head at him. "Shall I see if Carol has any clothes" he kisses my forehead as I nod.

"Alright, here's some pants that should fit you" she smiles while handing me some tracksuit bottoms. "Im sorry Alice, do you need anything else?" She asks while placing herself next to me. "No im fine honestly, I just feel like ive let Rick down" I shake my head "Hey, dont beat yourself up, things happen, you cant control everything" she places her hand on top of mine, "Rick is a man, a mature one at that, he most defiantly understands whats happened and doesnt blame you" she smiles at me with a twinkle in her eye. I nod and get myself changed before heading back down to everyone. "You okay?" Daryl quickly asks as I re join the group. "Perfectly fine, what do we do now" i ask to change subject. "We wait here for a couple hours, head back when its dark" Rick serves the instructions for the rest of the day. We all split off to help HillTop out with any chores while we are here. "Are you alright?" Rick quickly grabs hold of my hand before I walk away. "No, no im not but we have to move ahead" I look at him holding back tears. He kisses my forehead before letting go of my hand and heading to the guard tower.