deux

younghoon, juyeon, and sunwoo all stood in line for a food truck right outside their campus, the three had just gotten dismissed from class and decided to have a meal before heading to yoonghoon's house.

"so how was school in france? did your credits transfer when you came back?" sunwoo asked as he pushed his dark hair out of his eyes.

younghoon hummed, "they transferred pretty easily, i expected it to be worse. school wasn't bad, i didn't go to a campus though. i did everything online so i spent most of my time with my brother."

as the line continued to move, the boys continued conversation, trying to decide what they'd order. younghoon went to prepared himself, and reached for his pocket. his eyebrows furrowed together when his hand reached the inside of the fabric ; his wallet wasn't hidden in the pocket like he originally thought it was. "that's weird," he mumbled as he reached for his left pocket, and grabbing nothing out of it.

"what?" juyeon questioned as they continued to step forward in the line.

"my wallet," younghoon took a pause as he felt up his back pockets, "i don't have it."

sunwoo tilted his head, "you don't? do you know where you might've put it?"

"i had it last night when juyo, eric, and i went to get coffee, that was the last time i remember seeing it, unless eric took it."

juyeon shook his head, knowing his boyfriend wouldn't have a reason to take younghoon's belongings unless he were pulling a prank. "eric went right to bed when we got back, no one went near your room."

"did you leave it at the cafe?" sunwoo questioned again.

younghoon pondered, he didn't believe he had but didn't doubt sunwoo's suggestion. "maybe. i'll have to ask the barista," as he spoke he prepared to hop out of the line, he wasn't going to ask anyone to pay for his food even if he'd planned on paying for them.

"where are you going? let's eat first and then you can head over to look." sunwoo paused for a moment, he knew the older boy would try to testify, "don't worry about it, hyung, i'll pay."

juyeon squinted at sunwoo, "what are you up to?" he inquired, sunwoo was rarely the type to go out of his way to pay for any of them, he was constantly broke.

"nothing," sunwoo replied, "he just got back from france the least we could do is treat him."

after eating their meals and spending a good amount of time chatting, juyeon and sunwoo decided they'd head back to the house while younghoon walked a block down to the same cafe he'd been in the previous night.

as younghoon went to pull on the door handle, the glass swung out toward him. younghoon took a step back so the person leaving would have some space to walk. he then caught the door as the first customer had left and walked into the small building. there was a boy standing behind the counter, probably slightly younger than younghoon.

younghoon approached the counter with his hands in his pockets and his shoulders up as if he were mid-shrug. this barista seemed to be more enthusiastic about his job than the one last night had; understandably so, he had the day shift. "hey what can i get you?" the boy asked.

younghoon relaxed his shoulders before he spoke, "hi," he looked down to glance at the male's name tag, "haknyeon, i came in last night, i think i might've left my wallet here. has anyone turned anything in?"

the barista looked around the counter before he turned his head to the front of the establishment, "chanhee! did you find a wallet last night before you left?"

the two-tone-haired boy from the previous night came into younghoon's view as he turned to see where haknyeon had pointed. he had his bag in his hand and he stood next to the door to the cafe. chanhee nodded, "it's in the safe," he mumbled before he set his bag down and pushed the cafe door open.

haknyeon bent down below the counter to reach the safe chanhee mentioned. after typing in the code he reached inside and pulled out a black designer wallet. "this yours?" haknyeon questioned.

younghoon nodded, "yeah! thank you so much." haknyeon smiled as he handed younghoon the wallet, he then watched younghoon stuff the item into his front pocket. "thank you again!" younghoon exclaimed as he pushed the door open to exit the building. when he arrived outside, he noticed chanhee crouched next to a bush with some lettuce in his hand.

in front of chanhee sat a small white bunny, clearly pretty young but fairly comfortable with chanhee. younghoon watched silently as chanhee held his right hand out to feed the animal. younghoon smiled to himself before remembering why he'd stopped out there in the first place, "thank you," he paused, "for putting my wallet in the safe." chanhee stayed silent as he pet the bunny in front of him. "it really likes you," younghoon tried. still no response.

chanhee glanced over at younghoon, gave a weak half smile and turned back to the small creature. "have a good night, and thank you... again," younghoon mumbled as he began to walk in the direction of his house.