Chapter 9 || Triwizard Tournament

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 

it was a gloomy day, the weather wasn't great, but everyone was excited for the Triwizard Tournament. It's basically the only thing everyone's talking about, aside from the Yule ball that followed up.

You we're hanging out with Penny, Cedric, and other Hufflepuffs in the courtyard. 

"Have you seen the fanbase Victor Krum picked up ever since he got here?" Penny laid her head on your lap comfortably. "Haven't been paying much attention to him really."

"Well that's because the only guy she's been paying attention to is Mr. Riddle over there," Cedric butt in from the side, earning an in sync of "Oooooohh~" s from his friend group.

You were visibly embarrassed by this and swatted Cedric on the arm, but this only caused him to cackle even more.

Suddenly you felt a drip of water on top of your head. You looked up at the gray sky and held out your hand to confirm.

It had started to rain. It didn't take long for it to completely pour over you guys. By seconds, each and every one of you were drenched. 

That didn't stop any of you from having a bit of fun though. All 7 of you were just messing around in the rain, having the time of your lives.

"Penny..! you did that on purpose!" Penny flashed you a wicked grin. "Oh I am so going to get you back!" you chased after her around the courtyard. 

"Have you entered your name in yet mate?" An upperclassmen yelled out to Cedric from under the shades. 

 You all came to the realization that Cedric hasn't entered his name into the goblet of fire, as he did wanted to join and was as of age.

Cedric's friends burst the door open as you all ran to the center of the room where the blue fire was lit. 

"C'mon Cedric!" "put your name in!" everyone cheered as he stepped up and tossed his name in the goblet.

once the piece of paper was burned in the flames, all the Hufflepuffs wanted to go back to the common room to dry off before the announcement. 

As you were about to come along, you saw the trio along side Mattheo sitting, and decided you wanted to talk with them.

"y/n are you not coming?" Cedric asked as he watch you make your way to them. 

"I think I'll let this dry naturally," you jokingly said. 

"Alright, I'll get you back a towel so you won't catch a cold." He nodded and turn to his friends. 

he was a good prefect and a good friend. 

You yelled out a thank you as you walked towards your 4 friends.

"heyyyy, what are you guys up to?" you took a seat next to Hermione. 

They had seen you run in with the other Hufflepuffs so they didn't asked why you were drenched. 

"not much, we're just here to see who's putting their names in the goblet." Hermione peaked up from her book.

"Are you cold? " Mattheo asked as he saw all the water that was dripping from you. "Don't worry, It's actually quite warm here."

Harry looked like he had lost something, "I think I left my notebook in the potion classroom, I'll be back," he said in realization. "I'll come with, I need to grab something from the common room anyways," Mattheo followed.

"Since when does he take notes..?!" Ron's eyebrows furrowed. "Probably his diary or some sort." You three shrugged it off. 

You, Hermione, and Ron chatted about the students from the other wizarding schools; like the manly, heavy looking Durmstrang and the prim and perfect Beauxbatons. "Victor krum is quite all it, if I'm being honest, " You teased Hermione. You saw him earlier, giving Hermione those looks. On the other hand, Ron didn't look too happy about him.