Chapter 2: The Plan and The Saviour

A/N

As I was writing the story I realized I was listening to a lot of music scores and I typically like reading while listening to them. So I came up with an idea to provide you with music that you can listen to while reading my story.

I made a Spotify playlist that will have a new addition to it as the story goes along. The second song on the playlist corresponds to this chapter. :)

You can find it here: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2otIKWcR3th5fkswnUDXNe?si=67f0ff1aa8a1408d

'It really is a pity that they underestimate me so much, don't you think Kurama?' Naruto sighed.

"I don't know kit. It's not like a deadlast that you pretended to be could kill an entire ANBU squad in mere minutes"- mumbled the fox - "seems to me that you played your role a little too well. So anyway, what are you up to next kit? It's not like you are planning to just stand around and wait till the rest of the Leaf ninja catch up to you."

'Oh don't you worry Kurama, I've got a plan. I've got one hell of a plan if you think about it' Naruto exclaimed- 'We need to find those Akatsuki fellas and convince them to let me join that little team of theirs'

"Okay kit that does not sound like a plan at all... Aren't you forgetting that they are kind of after you and me!?"

'Oh don't you worry Kura, from what I gathered their plan to capture us is to be set in motion in 3 years, so until that time it shouldn't be an issue. After all, they have to seal the Nine-Tails in that creepy Gedo statue of theirs last so we still got some time on our hands – the blond boy explained

"So how do you plan to find them then? It's not like they are on the grid much" – the Kyubi questioned the young boy

'Oh, I have just the plan for that!' – the blond exclaimed happily, a wicked grin on his face – 'First stop, Orochimaru's hideout!'

"Do you really want to ask that snake psycho for help? Have you already forgotten the Chunin exams?" – Kurama asked

'Oh are you scared of snakes, you scaredy furball?' – Naruto laughed out loud

"Who are you calling a furball, you ungrateful brat!"

'You know it was funny and besides I do have a plan, the least I can do is stop by and thank Orochimaru for killing old-man for me. It's not like I'll miss him after all the lies and secrecy. If it wasn't for you Kura, I wouldn't even know who my parents were' – the boy said, a sad look on his face – 'Anyways, enough talk, we better get going!' – Naruto turned around to leave but then a familiar voice made him turn around.

"Where exactly are going, dobe?" – a raven-haired boy stood on a tree branch right across from Naruto

"That Uchiha brat!" – Kurama scoffed in the mindscape – "How did he catch up with you?"

'I don't know Kura, but I guess now is our chance to finish what we started' – Naruto

"You can't really be thinking of..."

'Oh but I really am' – the blond interrupted Kurama's trail of thought – 'I will kill him, he is a nuisance to my plan' – Naruto's statement shocked the Nine-Tails a bit, but all he mumbled in response was – "You do you kit, I'll help you succeed with whatever I can" This put a smile on Naruto's face.

"What are you smiling at, dobe?" – Sasuke asked clearly annoyed by the blonde's relaxed demeanour

"Oh nothing, just thinking of ways I could kill you." – with that a grin appeared on the boy's face sending chills down Sasuke's spine. He never saw the blond smile this way before, there was something cold and dark in that smile of his, nothing like Naruto's signature awkward and annoying smile he always wore when they were going on missions and training as Team 7.