Chapter 1: "Him"

Death is inevitable. It will always be there, If there is a beginning there will always be the end. Grim reapers lurk all round the earth, they reap the souls of the sinners like a peasant who harvest corn in his cornfield. They also accompany the souls of the dead people to the underworld.

They were describe as a tall being who wear dark hooded cloak holding a scythe. Their presence can only be seen by people with gifts and their own existence alone is enough to make a person recall all of his decisions in life.

A woman gave birth to her baby, a daughter. The doctors and nurses congratulates her for delivering her baby. The father came and they were happy to finally their baby. One reaper pass by at the halls escorting the soul of a man who died in car accident.

His gaze turn towards the room where the baby is. He slowly lift up his finger and pointed at the new born child.

The mother look at the door and she caught a glimpse of a tall man standing at the door pointing at her daughter. She felt scared all of a sudden when she came to known his presence.

"That child will not live long" he spoke

She was horrified by his words and he disappeared. The mother thought that she was just tired and had a lot on her mind. Ignoring what happened she smiled at her husband and they talked to each.

They name her Hana. She became 2 years old. They were caught in car accident, they were badly wounded.

One Reaper appeared as he start taking his steps towards the family who were critically injured. He bend down and saw them covered in blood.

"Pitiful souls" he spoke

The family died.

A woman gave birth to a baby but the baby weren't breathing. They felt bad as the mother cried.

One reaper who happens to be walking on the halls saw the poor young child.

"Too young to die, this baby shouldn't be place at the doorstep of after life" The reaper said

He walk towards the child and places his palm at the chest of the child and suddenly the child breathe and cry loudly the doctors and nurses were surprised.

The kid came back to life and they felt so grateful and they thought that a miracle happened.

"Congratulations! Your daughter is alive!" Doctor said "It is a miracle from the highest"

The mother tears fall and she hugged her baby.

"I'll shall name you Mina, Myoui Mina" the mother spoke

~•~

The reaper were walking in the middle of dark forest when he saw other reapers surrounded him. He was bewildered at what's happening then someone spoke as his voice echoed.

"You broke the law! Reaper, you shall be punished! I'll seal you to that girl's body forever!"

"Noooooo!!!!"

A hole sucked him in. It was raining heavily, thunderstorm were can be heard as the lightning strikes. Mina were in her mother's arms sleeping peacefully. A black orb were floating in the air as it head towards the room were Mina was.

It went inside Mina, the lightning strikes and Mina cried. The mother comforted her daughter and put her to sleep but she didn't know that this is the start of their nightmare.

~•~

Mina were now 4 years old and this where her mother found something odd with Mina. One day, Mrs. Myoui found Mina sitting on the sofa talking to someone. At first, she thought that Mina was talking to one of her nanny but there wasn't anyone there.

She talking to someone whom she cannot see. Mrs. Myoui became alert so she decided to ask some maid of her that were mothers and they reassure her that, children had some gifts that us adult can't see and there will be the time when they weren't gonna see them anymore.

Mrs. Myoui were still scared for her daughter she was bothered by the thoughts that her daughter must've been seeing some souls for she was pronounced dead when she was born and then suddenly she came back to life.

Mrs. Myoui believe that ghost and other entities did exist in their world for she had seen one before when she was a kid. A woman whom she knew were an angel who fell to the earth. Although she may not seem be like one but she did saw her before.

Mrs. Myoui were a single mother for her husband died in a accident. The car crash that happened 3 months ago killing another family and her husband.

She was holding her daughter, Mina in her arms playing with her when she happen to turn her gaze towards the mirror. What she saw horrified her, sending chills to her spine.

Her eyes widened as she hold her daughter close to her and met the eyes of the entity she had seen in the mirror.

"You..." The reaper pointed at her

"Leave us alone!!" Mrs. Myoui screamed

The mirror cracked as the reaper disappear and the maids came upstairs knocking on her door. Mrs. Myoui opened the door holding her daughter at her other arm as the maid came and check up on her.

"What's wrong Mrs. Myoui?" maid asked

"There was someone else.... He is here with us... Staring at us..." Mrs. Myoui said

"Who are you talking to Mrs Myoui?" Maid asked

"Can you please watch over my daughter Hannah? Do not let her get out of your sight, I have a job today" Mrs. Myoui said

"I will Miss Myoui." Hannah said

"I'll see you later sweetie okay?" Mrs. Myoui peck Mina's forehead and pick up her things

Mrs. Myoui were walking on the street when a man walk towards her and tap her back.

"Oh how may I help you?" Mrs. Myoui said

"Your daughter is being accompanied by demon, you have to get rid of her or else.... You'll die along with this people inside that mansion" He said

Mrs. Myoui were kinda caught off guard as she were surprised at what the man said

"Excuse me but I don't even know you and plus how do you know my daughter? If you want to talk nonsense please go" Mrs. Myoui said angrily

"I'm warning you" Man said

"Excuse me?" Mrs. Myoui said

The man walk away decided to cross the street. Inside the mansion, Mina suddenly cried loudly surprising Hannah as she went towards her and comfort her, the man were crossing the street when suddenly a truck hit him surprising Mrs. Myoui.

She immediately called to an ambulance as the truck driver came out and check on the man. The man were bathing in his own blood the truck driver were in panic.

Mrs Myoui decided to check up on the man as the man stare at her mumbling something.

"I..... Told..... You...." he spoke his last words and death has taken him.

Mrs Myoui were covering her mouth horrified by the scene. She didn't know what he meant by warning her and why he told her that they are going to die. Mrs. Myoui could not think anything but send sympathy at the poor man.

The ambulance came and check up on the man but they pronounced him as dead. The driver were handcuffed by the police and Miss Myoui became a witness and she told the police what happened.

The police thanked her for her cooperation and that day, Mrs. Myoui didn't manage to finish her work for her maids called her that Mina wouldn't stop crying.

She went home that day and she immediately head towards her daughter Mina to calm her down. After she manage to put Mina into sleep she changed her clothes and decided to sleep beside her daughter.

TO BE CONTINUED......