try again

As i walked down the aisle i could see your big brown eyes looking somewhere else.
I knew what they were searching for and it wasn't me.
Although we were about to be bound together forever, i knew it was wrong, for you didn't love me but her instead

I always knew this, though i didn't think it would hurt as much as it does now.
But it's okay, i know you'll be happier with her than with me... Someone you don't love

With a shaky sigh, i gently held your hand. Taken aback by the sudden form of affection, you looked at me and said "hey.. whats wrong?" Your eyes widen as i pull you in for a tight hug knowing it will probably be the last time.

"Go. You're free" I whisper trying to hold back tears. "I'm sorry i did this to you. I- i almost ruined your life and i just.. i want you to know that i love you. There hasn't been a time where you weren't on my mind. But i know that i was never on yours." I look at you with an overwhelming sense of sadness and regret.

You give me a look that to this day, i still didn't understand, but i continue "It's okay, I'm not mad. You know I'd never be angry with you.. you couldn't help falling out of 'love' when you never felt it in the beginning. Now go run to her... Tell her how much you love her and don't let her go. I'll handle our parents don't worry, I'll figure it out."

You stared at me as if i was crazy but i could see a glint of happiness and relief in your eyes. You return the hug and whisper a small thank you, breaking my heart into millions of pieces. You kiss my forehead and smile at me with a determined look in your eyes. And that's when it all struck me. You were leaving. And i wouldn't be able to stop you this time.

As you turned around and walked up to her, who was sitting in the front row watching everything unfold with a smirk on her beautifully sculpted face, you failed to notice a single tear slide down my cheek. It'll all be fine, we just... Weren't meant to be

But i still love you... Jungkook

____________________________________

i don't know how I feel about this one. i have mixed feelings tbh. this chapter can be interpreted two ways. or actually, probably three🧍🏽‍♀️. It's up to you to decide what happens next 💁
purr.