TWENTY-FOUR

Jasmine Anderson

Rafael didn't say much to me after I came back from my room with my shoes on. Just gave me brief words, telling me that we're going to the police station. It clicked that it was about the investigation and maybe they've found the person that did it. Or maybe, a secret that the two of them have and it was possible that it could get out and ruin them forever. I mean, when it comes to big CEO businessmen, they sometimes are one of the most dangerous.

I tried to ask what was wrong and at first he didn't answer me. My curiosity got the best of me and I ended up asking him again and he told me in a calm voice although the narrowed eyes and bouncing leg told me he was far from such. Saying that Alessandro has news-bad news. I left it alone after that. I pitied them for some reason. It was probably because I have such strong feelings for them that I didn't want any bad thing to happen to them. Or it was probably because of this situation and the outcome of finding out whatever news that needs to be brought to the light wasn't going to end well, especially with both of the company owners angry. One was enough on its own but two-fair warning.

The drive to the police station wasn't that long, about twenty minutes or so. When we finally arrived, Rafael got out of the car and started walking towards the building. I hurried and got out, cursing him in my head as I ran to catch up with him. I barely got through the door before it almost closed in my face. I grabbed onto his hand and he didn't even flinch, just dragged me along without a thought. He only started to pay attention when a policeman was rushing by and bumped my shoulder, making me almost fall but Rafael was quick to wrap his arm around me.

"Rafael." I hear Alessandro's voice call from a distance. We both look around until our eyes land on Alessandro on the other side of the room, standing halfway in a doorway. His voice was already deep and it boomed, making almost everyone stop and look between the three of us. We walk through the mist of policemen that are either sitting at their desk typing on their computer, answering the phone, or walking around. 

Rafael holds me close to him as we walk towards Alessandro. Some of the policemen watch us as we walk. It's mainly the young ones that look me up and down before their eyes would move to Rafael's arm and they'll look away. The older ones didn't even blink an eye towards us. When we reach the door, I try to follow Rafael through the door but a man with a familiar face steps in front of me, blocking me from entering. "I'm sorry but you can't come in." He says.

"Why not?" I ask without thinking. He rolls his eyes, putting his hands in his pockets.

"Because I'm not about to have some little girl involved in this case in any way." I was close to responding. Ask him how dare he insult me and call me a little girl like I was a ten year old with pigtails. Though, on the other hand, I was a bit shocked.

"Bi-Mitchell, that was not necessary." Alessandro says, sending a glare to the back of Mitchell's head. He ignores him, though, rolling his eyes once again.

"Williams." He shouts. I cross my arms, looking behind me to a man that seems to be in his mid-twenties walking towards us. "Watch her while we discuss this." I narrow my eyes, looking back at Mitchell but looking over at Alessandro with a pout.

"It's okay, bimba (baby girl). We won't be long." I smack my lips before letting out a sigh, mumbling an 'okay' as I turn towards the guy named Williams. He gives me a welcoming smile and I return it by giving him a half-hearted one. He gestures with his head to follow him and I trail behind him to a desk that's in the middle of the room, beside a desk that's on the left.

"You can sit right there." He says, gesturing his hand towards the black cushion chair that's beside his desk. When I sit down, my arm grazes against handcuffs that's hanging from the desk.