Six: Calm Talks.

Xiao followed Zhongli into Venti's room, smiling softly, "If you need anything, just yell nurse."

"I yell nurse because im bored and want to talk to someone." Venti giggled, closing his book, sitting it on the table, the pencil he used sat next to it.

He sat up, smiling towards Xiao, as he was escorted to another bed.

"We will check on you every hour or so. Venti, for the love of god, dont bore him. Its bad enough hes stuck with your chatter mouth." Zhongli said, in a teasing tone. It didnt sound teasing to Xiao, but, spending three years with Zhongli, he learned the difference.

Zhongli gently smiled at Venti, "We'll bring some ice cream by for you, Xiao, would you like some?"

"Hm?" Xiao looked up, he had zoned out.

"Ice cream. We can bring a flavor youd like."

Xiao shrugged, "Whatever he gets. I guess.." Xiao looked out the window.

Venti tilts his head, "Youre depressing." He spoke up.

Xiao looked back up, "Sorry. I usually am surronded by happy healthy people. You just seem tired."

"Hm."

"'Hm'? Aaahh~ Youre so gloomy, and thats coming from me, whos also gloomy."

Xiao hums, "You dont strike me as gloomy."

Venti laughed, coughing after, "Haha! Yeah?"

Venti wiped the small tears away from the cough.

Xiao nods, "Youre..energetic. Social. Seem to know everyone here."

"Well, that tends to happen when youve been here for years. Ive seen three doctors fired. Multiple interns quit, and i have heard..wild things." Venti laughed, sitting up, "Tell me about yourself.  So far, i only know about your sister. Ive given her some flowers. I hope thats okay."

"Thats okay, she'll appreciate that." Xiao answered.

"Atalus. Thats a nice name." Venti spoke.

Xiao shrugged, "Just a name. I prefer Xiao." He answered.

"Eh? Why?" Venti asked, leaning forward, intrigued at his words.

"Just because. I like my name, but, truly, i like Xiao more. Seems fitting. I dont know, my sister called me it as well, so.." Xiao shrugged, "What about you? Your names?"

"Uhh, depending who you ask. To the nurses i am the annoying 15 year old in an adults body. To Morax im a close friend. But, myself, Im Venti Barbatos. I used to play music then bam! Got cancer and now i cant really do much. Uhh, yeah. Only people who visit really are some friends. My friend Kaeya was here a week ago, hes busy with work, so hes not always able to visit. He visits with his friends, but, its usually just me and the nurses." He sounded upset, a hint of bitterness in his words.

"I see." Xiao looked out the window, looking at the snow.

He watched as more snow dropped from the sky, some hitting the window.

He sighs, rubbing his eyes.

"Don't fall asleep." Venti walked over to him, sitting down.

Xiao nodded, "Here, ive got games." He walked over to his bedside table, opening the bottom drawer.

He pulled out, uno, connect four (He keeps one in his room?), scrabble, (Looks un-used)..

And then a deck of plain cards, it was clear that it had been used alot.

The box was kinda torn, held with clear scotch tape.

As Venti dug for the games, Xiao took a look at the room, seeing photos hung up in some spots.

He looked at one, where Venti was on a males back, the male had a dark, kinda badly dyed blue hair, that was up in a bun, and a black eyepatch over his eye. His skin was dark, and then another male, he had male on his back, a blonde and redhead. The blonde had a sun kissed type of skin, and the red head had a long ponytail in, he was on the blondes back.

Their smiles were bright, even Venti's, but if you looked, you could tell he was still sick. Not as bad as now, but still pretty sick.

"My friends." He pulled the picture down, "Kaeya, father figure in my life. Diluc, a close friend. Owns a bar. Its nice. Well, i think it is..maybes its changed. Thoma, the blonde, Diluc's partner. Theyve been dating for a few years. Kaeya's boyfriend isnt in the picture. But, yeah, heh..Id like to be with them again. I can never see them. Morax is very strict." Venti sat the games down.

Xiao nodded, "You seemed happy."

Venti laughed, "At the time, i was in a better state than i am now. Now, im..im just sick, and depressed. People say..say depression is a side effect of the medicine, and," Venti inhaled sharply, "and cancer.. But, really, its..its a side effect of, of uhm, dying. Some people are uhm, refusing the fact that i am dying..Uh, but..I am, and i accept that fact..others just do not want to."

Xiao nodded, "Mmm, Im sorry."

Venti shrugged, "No reason to apologize. You didnt give me cancer, so." Venti sat down, inhaling, it being raspy.

"Take a moment if you need." Xiao  spoke, voice careful, as he helped Venti sit.

He smiled softly..

WHATSUP FUCKERS IVE POSTED YEAH :D

-Bennett