one

content warning for mostly all chapters: blood, gore, violence, weapons, language, abuse, suggestive situations, etc.. viewer discretion advised. it takes place in 1998. (:

ஓ๑♡๑ஓ

it was quite cold in chicago during this time of the year. you were hurriedly walking down the street, pressing your thick coat against your waist, trying to keep warm. a weird chill courses your veins. something didn't feel right. you slightly turn your head to peek behind you without drawing suspicion to your action. your instinct was correct, there was a man trailing behind you, his eyes glued on you. you exhale into the cold air, causing a frosty cloud to appear in front of your face. you make a sharp turn into an alleyway, where you stand looking for something in your purse. you hear the man follow you.

"hey there, babe," he says. his accent ringing in the alleyway. 

you turn around, wide-eyed. the man makes more progressive moves towards you. "s-stay back!" you stutter. a twisted smile plasters across the mans face.

"don't put up a fight, okay, gorgeous?" he smirks, getting even more closer.

you sigh pulling the gun out of your coat. "well, i did warn you." you say incenserly to the man, a smirk growing on your face. you point the gun at his chest and pull the trigger. he falls onto the ground as you blow the smoke coming from the gun.

"oh my!" you hear someone gasp. you turn around and point the gun. standing in front of you is a beautiful woman leaning against her car, smoking a cigarette. she drops the cigarette, stepping on it with her high heel. 

"h-he came at me first!" you desperately try to plead.

gurgles come from the man on the ground. you couldn't contain yourself. you roll your eyes.

"don't worry about it, sweetface," the woman smiles. she walks up to you, taking your gun, and shoots the man in the head. she chuckles to herself and returns the gun to you. you were shocked. "men are assholes, ain't they?" she laughs. a smile creeps onto your face as the woman extends her hand. "tiffany valentine, but my friends call me tiff."

you take her warm hand in yours. it was soft and comforting. "(y/n) (y/l/n)," you return. "nice to meet you."

tiffany smiles. "same for you, doll." she pauses a second letting your hand linger in hers. "you're freezing! come hop in my car and let's blow this popsicle stand."

normally you wouldn't have gotten into a car with someone you just met, but you just killed a man, and you had no car. so you shrugged as you followed the woman into her car. she starts it up immediately, turning knobs and dials to make the heater turn on full blast. she places a hand in front of the vent and then one on your arm, the sudden contact making you flustered.  tiffany starts the car and begins driving in the other direction as you hear sirens. she lights another cigarette, offering one to you. you take it as she lights them both. you take a deep inhale, blowing out through your nose. tiffany clears her throat. "so, sweetface, where you off too?"

you sigh and tiffany doesn't let that go unnoticed. "that's the difficult part."

"how do you mean, doll?" she inquires, huffing smoke out of her mouth.

you do the same, debating whether or not to be honest with this woman who just helped you commit murder.

"don't worry," she laughs, "i won't tell." 

you smile, feeling a sense of trust with tiffany, even though you just met. you couldn't describe it. "i was evicted. i don't really have anywhere to go and i'm not from here."

tiffany takes another puff from her cigarette. "you're cute little voice gave that away, doll."

blush spreads from your ears to your nose. 

tiffany glances over at you, enjoying what happened to you because of her. she was beginning to like that thought.

"maybe you could just drop me off at a corner somewhere," you say. 

tiffany raises an eyebrow, which you could only see because of the street light you just passed. "and what will you do then?"

"find somewhere to crash," you blatantly admit. there was something about tiffany, you just couldn't seem to lie to her, and you'd tried to.

"nonsense, babe. you'll just stay with me!" she squeals.

"you wouldn't mind? i wouldn't be imposing or.." you began.

tiffany halted the car at a red light. a red nail made its way onto your lips. "none of that now. i'm inviting you to stay, angelface. don't worry your pretty little head about it." the light turns green causing tiffany to remove her finger from your lips. she chuckles as she does so. your heart damn-near almost stopped beating for a moment. tiffany wasn't dumb. she knew exactly what she was doing to you. and to be honest, she really liked doing it.

ஓ๑♡๑ஓ