Epilogue

You spend the next several days holed away in your room, ruminating. You watch every missed call from Jamba Juice pass, hoping it would be the number under Mr. Corporate's contact, even though you hate him. Since you stopped working, every few hours, your mom comes into your room and takes something from your room to trade for more drugs. She just took your comforter, and you remain on the corner of your bed, dejected and unconcerned by the loss of items. It doesn't bother you because you aren't a material girl like your peers. Eventually, she comes in again but doesn't take anything. She just stares at you.
"Get dressed," she whispers hoarsely. "I want you to meet your new owner". Your heart stops. What could that mean? It couldn't, could it? You stare at her to see if she is joking, but she is as stoic as ever. Then she turns and motions at you to get ready. You put on an oversized hoodie even though it is the middle of the summer. Your leggings have holes in them, but you never have enough money to fix them. As you head out of your room you hear your mom speaking, and then you stop, harshly. That voice. His voice, which you haven't heard for weeks, is in your house. You close your eyes briefly and experience all 7 stages of grief at once. As you descend the stairway, you see your mom with the same mysterious silhouette from That Night facing away from you.
"Ah, thank you for joining us, y/n," your mother calls to you. The man turns around and as you see the slight curl to his hair and the protrusion of his jawline, you realize why he looks so familiar. The face of Harry Styles shoots you a quick smile.
"Hey, y/n," he says softly.
"Hey, Mr. Corporate".