Chapter Seven

The rest of the weekend was boring, all I did was play games, watch movies, and hang out with my friends. On Monday I woke up to a few spam texts from Liam, all of them consisting of "wake up!!", "Good morning!", and "hurry up!:(". I just read the messages and got changed, annoyingly into mainly warm clothes seeing as it was around the middle of October-November. As soon as I grabbed my bag and opened the door, Liam tripped over his own feet on the driveway with Lucy and the others waiting by the curb.

"There you are! We've all been waiting! Let's go!"

Liam went to my side immediately after getting to his feet again, tugging my arm forward to go to the others. When we got to school, people were all talking about the news, and luckily nobody made any accusations like me or Carly did it. I wouldn't be able to handle that. As we went into the school, there was a ton of commotion followed by some people running through the halls wearing Halloween costumes named "father death". As soon as Liam noticed them coming towards us he pulled me behind him and Lucy to avoid any risks. The kids ran by, making annoying sounds as they ran through the courtyard.

"Idiots. The murders piping up again and making those three act ridiculous."

Ava huffed, pushing past tons of people and pulling us with her.

"C'mon guys, let's not waste our time with those assholes."

We continued walking until we got to our lockers, where Ava went with her other friends and Lucy and Elijah went to their classes. Liam waved goodbye to me and Carly then walked away as both of us headed to our own classes. When I sat down in Science class, I looked to Megan's old seat and completely gasped in horror. There was writing all over her desk with horrible words and sentences, the part that horrified me the most was the fact there was a blood covered photo on her desk as well, with a bloody handprint smeared. As soon as other students gathered, they noticed the horrible sight. It was a polaroid photo of Megan's body inside of Brianna's house, the night that it happened. On the back of the photo was more writing, it read "Her insides are much prettier than she was afore". My eyes filled with tears, making me gag at the thought someone would do something like murdering Megan then make a photo like this.

Voices rose, people yelling about what type of sick fuck would do something like that. It was horrible, the entire day I strained myself not to break down crying, but I finally lost it after school ended for the day. I was sitting in the courtyard on a bench while waiting for the others to arrive when I saw a small paper stuck under a rock near my foot, when I looked at the page there it was. Another polaroid photo except this time it was of that man from the drink stand on the ground beside a wall with a bloody heart drawn on it. The man was in the process of being gutted, his throat still slit with his eyes wide open. In the reflection of his glasses I could just barely make out the sight of that mask. The father death mask. When I turned the polaroid over, I saw writing just as I expected. My hands were shaking so much that I didn't even realize what it said before I started to cry. "I warned him the police wouldn't get there in time after all". It had bloody fingerprints on it, obviously the killers. Just as I was about to rip it to shreds and throw it in the trash, I saw Elijah's shoes standing in front of me with everyone else behind him.

"Y/N, are you okay?! What happened???"

I promptly broke down and collapsed into his arms when he sat on the bench beside me, stumbling over my words.

"I-I.. Liam was right!!! T-The killer..i..it's the Ghostface killer..!"

The photo was taken from my hands as I wrapped my arms around Elijah and he embraced me carefully, Ava joining him on the other side. We all stayed there for a while until the principal came over to us, asking if everything was alright then looking to the polaroid.

"My..Y/N, do you know of anybody else that's aware of this kind of stuff? We're going to set up something to question the entire school throughout the week and we need to know if anyone else should be questioned first."

I kept sniffling and wiping my eyes until finally responding, I didn't know of anyone else that knew about this stuff other than my friends.

"N-No, I don't..."

He frowned, nodding and pulling out his phone.

"You six go home and be safe, get some rest. We'll deal with this."

He began to talk with the police as we started walking home, Lucy kept her arms wrapped around me the entire time.

858 words.