13

"Hey."

Ryion opened his eyes to see the most beautiful person he'd ever met smiling at him. "Hi."

"I brought some lemon cake."

That caused him to sit up. "Cake? What's the special occasion?"

Adren looked down, guilty. "I won't be able to come down tomorrow. Father's making me attend some big event or something."

"Oh." Ryion didn't like that. "Do you even know what big thing is taking you from me?"

Adren shook his head. "He explained it, but I-"

"Never pay attention to anything he has to say." Ryion finished for him. Adren had only ever missed a few days of coming down, so little that Ryion could count every absence from the past few years on his fingers. "Well I'll be counting down the minutes until you come back." Adren scoffed, Ryion used that line every time Adren told him he'd miss their daily meetings or even if he said he'd be a little late. "Wait, since you won't be here and I'll be super sad and lonely without you, why don't we spend this time without clothes?" Ryion looked at him suggestively.

Adren scoffed. "Yeah right, last time I could barely walk out of here and people were suspicious that something was up all day! I can't deal with that now, especially with whatever event's coming up that my judgmental father will chew me up during."

"Worth a shot." Ryion grinned.

Adren handed him his food and water and sat against the bars, his side brushing Ryion's.

Even when Ryion finished eating, they stayed sitting in a comfortable silence, just enjoying each other's company. Neither could exactly say why, but that day felt different for some reason, more important.

It was only when Adren started to nod off that Ryion broke the silence, hearing the change in his breathing. "You should probably stay awake, don't want you to get in trouble again." Adren had a tendency to sleep down there, which has caused some problems with his normal life multiple times.

"Thank you, actually, I should probably get going, thanks for reminding me." He said, standing up. Ryion stood with him.

Adren gave him a quick kiss. "Love you, good luck with your event."

"I love you too, see you in two days!"

And with that he walked down the hall, leaving Ryion in the darkness.