Chapter 1

"Yanfei! I really like you!" I blurted out to her, trapping her against a wall with my fists on both sides to block any exits she might take from running away.

"Ahh-...wait! Don't you think that this is kinda sudden..??!!" She panicked, waving her hands around, shoving my face away from hers.

"It's not sudden at all! I think that this is true love!" I  protested.

"Is..is this a joke? Are you set up for some sort of prank right now??" She sputtered, becoming a nervous train wreck. "Oh god this is my first confession..what do I do??"

"No it's not!" I tried convince her, but my words only weren't enough to convince her.

"Listen HuTao.., we barely know each other-and you seem like a great girl but I just don't see you like that." She told me, rubbing her forehead, sighing. "Let's just start off being friends, how about that?"

She held her hand out towards me, and I'd be an absolute idiot not to take it. I grabbed her hand instantly, placing it on my chest right on top of the heart.

"You may want to become friends but I wanna become lovers!!" I said to her gleefully. "You'll fall in love with me in no time! You'll see, hehe~!" I smiled at her. In return, all she gave me was a blank stare.

"Uhm..yeah, sure I will." She forced on a smile, but I still thought she looked pretty cute. I wrapped my arm around her, still smiling as she picked up her bag. She didn't shove me off of her, so this was a pretty good start if you ask me!

"Oh dear great Geo god, Rex Lapis, PRETTY PLEASEE can you help make Yanfei fall in love with me??!"

—2 months later—

"Ughh! Curse you Morax!!" I shouted at the ceiling. 2 months and barely any progress has been made between us! I knew I should've pray to the anemo god instead for help.. maybe the freedom of love would help guide me. Or the cryo archon? After all, they are known for love.

Should I try asking her out again? Nah, she'd probably say no just like last time. Maybe she suspected that I'd try to pull something. Which I was.. All I was gonna do was attempt to hold her hand! She's not the easiest to win over if I'm being honest.

RING RING RING

My phone buzzed. I groaned, getting up from off my bed as I picked it up from off of my desk and plopped myself onto a chair.

"Hellooo?" I said.

"HuTao! Where the hell are you??! Classes have already started!" Chongyun yelled at me from the other side of the line. "Don't tell me you're ditching school today agai-"

"Whaattt? No way, I would never do something that bad!" I told him as I opened up a draw, grabbing a months old chip bag and popping it open.

"You're unbelievable." He hissed at me. "I can hear you eating. I bet you're having a good time by yourself in your room. Alone."

"Oh come on, I wasn't feeling good today~!" I whined, complaining to him.

"Why? You sick or something?"

"No, today I woke up and realized that I was still single. And then that lead me to the conclusion that Yanfei and I weren't together so I got mixed feeling of sadness and anger. It made me so irritated that I didn't even wanna show up to school tod-"