2

"Took you long enough"

Nanlaki mga mata ko. Nanginig buong katawan ko. Hindi ko alam ang gagawin ko sa sitwasyon na kinalalagyan ko ngayon. Kakausapin ko ba? Papansinin ko ba siya?

I'm petrified. Di ako makagalaw. This is so embarrassing. Nandyan lang siya tinitignan niya ko habang ako nagpapaka-tanga.

"Get out." seriously Fin? Iyan pa talaga ang naisip mong sabihin?

"Really? That's all you have to say?" sagot niya. His arms, crossed.

"3 months of cutting ties with me and that's all you have to say?" dagdag pa niya.

"Well, what do you want me to say?" sinumbatan ko siya. My blood pressure's starting to rise at this point.

"I don't know. 'I'm sorry'?"

"Sorry?"

.

"Sorry?!!" sumigaw na ako. I assume narinig ng mga tao sa labas ang boses ko. But I don't care.

"Should I be the one to apologize?!" I corrected him. "Last time I recall, you left me without any reason. You left me at the hospital without even apologizing, and you're telling me I should be the one to apologize? Shame on you!" at that point, I was about to burst out in tears but I kept it, so he won't suspect that I'm weak.

"That's not true!" He shouted. Okay, now people are trying to come in. But immediately, I locked the door.

"I was there, sitting, and waiting for you to wake up. I sacrificed my job to be with you. I was there, day and night. I-I-" he was out of words. I can see his face turning red, his tears running down his cheeks.

WOW WHAT A TURN OF EVENTS.

"I cried. Begging for you to wake up. And-" I paused him.

"Were we really a thing back then?" I asked him, out of the blue. "Were we a couple? Was it serious?"

"Y-yeah. Of course. I cared for you. So much." He replied.

"Then can you explain this?" I showed him a voice record from my phone taken by my friend Maggie.

"Are you done? Can we go?" (woman)

"I don't think he'll ever wake up, look at him, all that tubes planted in him, there's no chance of him surviving." (woman)

"Look on the bright side. No more perky little PA. HAHA And to be honest, he's annoying as hell. He keeps on interrupting our dates." (woman)

"Don't call him that." (him)

"But it's true." (woman)

"So shall we go now? I'm craving for some sushi right now. I know a good place just a few blocks from here. And maybe after that, we can enjoy our time together at your house, just the two of us, Hmmm. My treat! What do you say?" (woman)

Then the door shut closed.

I paused the record. The look in his eyes. Fear was all there is.

"I-it's not what it looks like Fin. I-I can explain. Just hear me out okay?!"

"Who was that person? Do I know her?" tumayo ako sa sahig at tinitigan ko siya direkta sa mata. "So basically you were just toying around with me, and pretending to love me when all this time you have a girlfriend?!"

"It's not what it looks like." ulit niyang sinabi.

"Then what is it?!" pasigaw kong sinabi.

"Father doesn't know I'm gay. So I dated women to pretend!" he shouted. Then the room went silent.