Chapter II (2)

She gasped. Her eyes glowed crimson in the dark as she wiped her forehead. What happened? I was in the forest with big brother and I blacked out. She looked around. She was latched on to someone. Kai? I'm in his room? But how? Damn these blackouts. He was sleeping on his back with his arms crossed. He looks okay, I guess nothing serious happened. Even if anything did, he'd never remember. She stood in her pajamas. It stuck to her skin as she fanned herself. She stared at him. Why do I always find myself beside you after my black outs? His hair soft against her fingers and his skin warm. He flinched when her cold lips touched his cheek.

She left to her room beside his. Inside was disorganized and her things could be found all over the room. She stripped her pajamas and took out some clothes from a briefcase. As she dressed her muscles tensed. She wore a vest over her sports bra, tights, arm and leg attachments, shoes and headgear. She stepped. The floor boards creek. She leaped from her window and landed like a frog in a crater. Dust blew. She stood unharmed.

How could a human survive landing from that height without any injuries and with hefty clothes. Surely no man could survive such a fall let alone your run of the mill teenage girl like Nagisa Yamaguchi. But she wasn't. She and her family, the Yamaguchi Clan, couldn't even be considered humans nor did they consider themselves as such because of their curse.

A curse that makes all Yamaguchi women, by blood or by marriage, into superhuman warriors, granting them special abilities and boundless beauty that's only countered by their ferocity. The men are the opposite, only being blessed with beauty but cursed to be feeble pacifists and die young.

With this curse, the Yamaguchi Clan has established themselves throughout the underworld of human society. They control all of Japan's major criminal activities. From drug manufacturing to trafficking, and distribution, organ harvesting and trafficking, human trafficking, assassination, murder, fraud, money laundering, counterfit money, terrorism funding, terrorist activities, etc. They've done it all and within four generations, have gone on to attain influence on the international stage.

They are one of the four points of the compass that guides humanities underbelly, the Yakuza of the East, the Yamaguchi Clan.

The door slid open behind her. A girl with neck length midnight black hair going crimson at the ends stepped out. She wore glasses and the same clothes as Nagisa, with less attachments. "How much are you wearing Nagisa?"

"Just two tonnes." She moved to the center of the courtyard.

"That's over four thousand pounds. I don't know why you don't leave them downstairs like the rest of us." Said another girl. She sported a black hairband in her curly hair that reached her back. It was the same colours as the others.

"It's weight displacement. Using aura and precise moves, she can make herself lighter." Said the girl in glasses. They stared.

"That's Future Lieutenant for you. Always ten steps ahead." Said the woman from last night. "She's already surpassed me again."

Aunt Kiko has already recovered from her depression last night. Thought Nagisa.

The curly haired girl rests her head in her palm. "Well of course she has, aunt Kiko. You're a Yamaguchi by marriage, she's by blood."

"Maria, you're forgetting that in-laws reach standard warrior strength faster than born clan members. Five years to be exact. While we reach standard strength at age twenty." Said the girl in glasses.

"If that's the case then she's already surpassed the Yamaguchi standard warrior strength before sixteen. That's what you're saying right Akane-chan?" Yawned another girl. Her hair was the same colour as the other girls and curled towards her face. She wore the same clothes as the other girls on her petite body.