4. The Wolf

A/N:

I go on my school camp next Tuesday, and I come back in 9 days. That mean no updates for nine days:/

I have decided to update as much as I can now, and after the nine days, I'll continue normally. By the way, can anyone help me with Romeo and Juliet? We are studying that book next term and I need help... It would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, enjoy~

Xxxx
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Catherine's POV:

I followed auntie's instructions and found my bedroom. My eyes widened. It's a really beautiful bedroom. There are three doors in the room. One is the entry, which I'm standing at right now. A double glass door leads to a balcony, with rough square edges and slightly rusty rails. The balcony faces a small garden behind the house. The garden contains a veggie patch, and a trampoline. I'll make good use of that trampoline later.

I flung open the other door, to find a spacious bathroom. I fist pumped the air when I saw the large bathtub and the floor length mirror. Was I the only one who liked to stare at my reflection every time I go past a mirror and pose?

Walking back out, I began to unpack my clothes. My wardrobe basically consists dresses, lots of dresses, some skirts, little amounts of shorts, and many pairs of skinny jeans and crop tops. I pulled out my leather jacket. It is my favorite thing in the entire world. It goes with almost everything in my wardrobe. I started hanging some of my clothes on the clothe hangers I found in the wardrobe, and put the rest away in small drawers. By the time I was finished, I found that I have less than half an hour left to dinner, so I decided to do some exploring.

I wondered my way down the stairs, and into the backyard. I got excited when I saw the trampoline. I unzipped the net that surrounds the trampoline, and climbed on. I always loved being on a trampoline. The feeling it gives me is like flying. I feel liberated from all the stress at school, and all of my worries and problems.

I've been jumping for a while now, and doing a few somersaults in the air, trying not to break my neck. Something caught the corner of my eye. A mass of shadow hid deep in the woods. It stood, unmoving. You wouldn't have even know that it was there if not for the birds that were chirping happily in the trees suddenly fall silent and fly away like hell was chasing after them. I jumped higher, trying to a good glimpse at it.

I landed and sprung up again. But it was gone. My eyes moved frantically, trying to sport it. Due to my lack of concentration, my ankles twisted to the side when I landed once more. I collapsed on the frame pad and groaned in pain, clutching my ankle. A shuffle in the bush caught my attention, momentarily distracting me.

Unzipping the net that surrounds the trampoline, I crawled out, curiosity taking over me. I clumsily got to my feet, wincing in pain. I checked my watch, seeing that I have ten minutes left. Slowly limping towards the accused bush, I brushed the branches in front of me away, my mind only focusing on the dark shadow. "Hello? Who's there?" I shouted. "Come out! I won't hurt you!" Yeah because you are even scared of a bloody butterfly. I rolled my eyes, blanking out my thoughts. This thing will probably eat me. If this was happening to a normal person, they would've kept quiet. But as you can tell, I'm not quite normal. Good one Cat.

Walking further in, I saw another bush tremble slightly in front of me. I stalked closer. Is it a dog? I love dogs! I peeled the leaves from the bush aside, and gasped. It was a wolf! Crying out in surprise, I fell backwards, twisting my already injured ankle, again. A sharp pain shot up my left leg. I swore under my breath. I looked up to find the wolf walking towards me. I held out a hand. "D-Don't come closer! I taste horrible! Shoo! G-Go eat a rabbit. I-I saw one over there." I pointed somewhere in the bush with shaking hands. My curiosity will get me killed one day. If that day is not today.

I shuffled backward on my butt, trying to get away. The wolf whined, it's dark eyes opened wider, as if it was making the puppy dog eyes. Like I am going to fall for that trick. It is probably trying to get me to pat it's soft looking fur then eat me. The wolf stalked closer, taking measured steps. I held my breath, and made a quick prayer to God that I will not be killed. The wolf closed the small gaps in between us. I closed my eyes, thinking that this is my end.

Oh please God, take care of my mum, dad, and Jake. All my belongings will go to Jake and my parents, except for my necklaces. I would like them down in my grave with the bits that is left of me. A girl can never have too much jewellery. Anywhere.

I squeezed my eyes shut, waiting for the pain that never came. A wet snout touched my hand that is in front of me. I jerked in surprise, making the wolf take a step back. It walked closer once more, lowering it's head, as if asking me to pat him. I slowly reached out a shaking hand, my hand coming into contact with soft, thick fur. I ran my hands through, relishing in the softness. A low purr came from the wolf. "Good doggy." I said softly. Maybe this wasn't a wolf. Just a really, really big mutated husky. 

The wolf paused mid purr, and growled at me, his large form shaking. Surprisingly, I wasn't scared. If this dog mutation thing wanted me for dinner, I would be in his stomach by now. "I always wanted a dog. Mum and dad didn't allow me to have one." I said absentmindedly whilst stroking it's fur. It growled once more, it's head shaking quickly like it was sneezing. 

"You have to be a wolf. But even wolves are not as big as you." Standing up, my head is level with the wolf's head. It's body similar to a bear but appearance is like a dog. 

"Storm. I'm going name you Storm." I decided. Looking down at my watch, the time shows that it is almost seven, the time when I am supposed to head to dinner. I stood up. "I have to go now, bye Storm." I said softly, turning around and walking off. 

The wolf whined once more, making me swivel my head around to stare at it. Storm took a couple of steps forward, and lowered it's head, rubbing against my bare legs as would a cat. I watched amused. I patted him once more, walking away. Okay. That was one of the cutest wolf dog thing I have ever seen in my entire life. I only wish that I could keep it. 

Stepping through the back door, I made a bee line for the kitchen. "Sorry auntie! I was ju-" I paused in mid sentence when I realised that aunt Tilly was not home. There was a note on the fridge. I walked over and picked it up.

'Cat, I have to go to a meeting with my employer. I will be back late. Don't wait up for me. There is food on the counter, warm it up if they get cold. School starts tomorrow at 9:00am, but you have to get there early for registration. So go to bed early tonight.

Love, aunt Tilly'

I saw the said food sitting on the counter, and my mouth watered. I quickly warmed it up. Whilst waiting, I got out a pack of frozen peas to nurse my ankle. I sat down on the sofa with the bowl of pasta and my legs propped on a chair, watching a couple of episodes of The Originals. This show is just my life. And I think Elijah is so handsome. If I was Hailey I would definitely have jumped his bones already. I mean, who wouldn't? We all need an Elijah in our life's right? 

After I finished, I washed the dishes, and headed back upstairs. I got changed out of my clothes, and changed into my pyjamas, which consists of a grey top that has ice cream printed on top with the saying 'Flavour of the Month', and striped shorts. I did my night routine, and quickly got into bed. I fell asleep to the sound of a pack of wolves howling, and the image of Storm. There is just something about him I can't quite lay my finger on. Guess I will find out soon. 

Ô