vi

♫ song playing: pit-a-pat — chungha 

heeseung and jay walk out of the parlor only to freeze at the sight of heavy rain all around them.

what the fuck.

"it was sunny less than 10 minutes ago," jay mumbles as he runs a hand through his hair and heeseung inwardly swoons.

now's not the time, heeseung.

"so...what do we do now?" jay chuckles, as heeseung puts his hand out to feel the rain.

"did you bring a car or something?" heeseung asks.

"no, i took the bus. you?"

"i walked. my house is right here-", heeseung stops as a light bulb flickers in his mind. (kkampaginun sungan, anyone?)

would it be too weird?

eh fuck it.

"if you'd like, we could go to my house? we don't have to if you don't want to-" heeseung rambles and jay cuts him off.

"that'd be nice. but it's raining too much, how do we make it there?"

heeseung tilts his head.

"we'll just have to get wet! come on!" heeseung pulls jay by the wrist into the rain, feeling his hair and clothes get wetter by the second, and he hears jay laugh in joy.

"last one there is a rotten egg!" heeseung yells as he takes off on a slight run, jay following him when he realizes what heeseung said.

"that's unfair, i don't know the way!" jay whines, and heeseung dies a little bit on the inside.

"then you'll just have to follow me~"

"i'll catch you lee heeseung, just you wait."

"these fit perfectly heeseung, thanks."

jay sits down on the couch next to heeseung, wearing the t-shirt and sweatpants that he had gotten from heeseung.

"well i'm glad." heeseung says as he gets up.

"ramen?"

jay's eyes lights up at the mention of ramen, and heeseung can't help but think that he looks like a puppy.

fuck he's so cute.

thiS iSn'T okAY fOR mY hEART gODdAMit-

heeseung walks over to his kitchen cabinet and opens it, taking out two packets of ramen, as jay walked in after him.

"can i help?" heeseung smiles and nods.

5 minutes later, both jay and heeseung are once again seated on the sofa, this time with bowls of steaming hot ramen in their hands. heeseung flicks through the titles as they decide on a movie to watch.

"you watch horror?" heeseung asks, and jay scrunches his nose, shaking his head.

"hell no. i get scared for everything and anything," jay says, and heeseung hums.

"so what else do we watch-"

jay thinks.

"should we just watch disney?"

heeseung's lips curve in a wide smile as he skips through  movies, finally landing on Mulan.

"sounds good enough."

"seungie hyung i'm here! i bought hoonie hyung along if you don't mind - oh." sunoo stops dead in his tracks, eyes stuck on jay and heeseung who stared back like deer caught in headlights.

"jay hyung! what are you doing here?" sunoo exclaims, as sunghoon wanders into the house behind sunoo.

"yeah jay, what are you doing here?" sunghoon smirks, and heeseung's cheeks flare up in red.

"shut up sunghoon. we were supposed to go have ramen but it started raining pretty heavily, so heeseung just bought me over and we had ramen here." 

"yeah great i don't care." sunoo flops onto the ground in front of the couch and takes the remote.

"what are you doing here? last i checked i did not allow you to come into my house-" heeseung nudges sunoo with his leg and sunoo shrieks and pushed it off.

"yeah yeah whatever, it's not like it's the first time i've done this. anyways, let's watch a horror movie!" sunoo claps his hands together, and jay's eyes widen.

"but-"

"no buts, jay hyung. this isn't even that scary! you'll be fine. just hug seungie hyung if you're scared." sunoo dismisses jay's words with a wave of his hand, as heeseung and jay sit rooted in their spots.

hug-

HUG WHO?

nonono oh hell no-

heeseung thinks he'll combust in his place if jay even comes close to hugging him. 

but he also wants jay to hug him (indecisiveness 101, kids.)

as the intro music begins to play, heeseung whispers to jay, "you'll be fine right?"

"yeah," jay's voice comes out 2 octaves higher and heeseung stifles a laugh," i'll be fine, i think. could you just get me that pillow?"

heeseung does so and jay hides half his face with the pillow while hugging it, his eyes staring back at the screen. 

heeseung can't take his eyes off of him.

his eyes, his nose, his smile, his hair, him in heeseung's clothes.

his eyes.

those damn fucking eyes. 

"stop staring at jay and watch the damn movie, heeseung hyung." sunghoon says loudly, and heeseung smacks his head.

"was not staring."

"sure." 

i have been exPOSED

.....it wouldn't hurt to take one more peek?

he turns back to look at jay again, but jay is already looking at him.

shiT WHAT-

silently cursing himself, heeseung whips his head back to the movie in embarrassment.

he feels jay jump in his seat, hand over his mouth trying not to scream, and heeseung wants to ask him if he's okay, when he hears jay move again, coming close to heeseung.

heeseung's breath hitches in his throat as he looks at jay, who whispers, "this is fine right? i'm sorry i just need to feel a human presence next to me –"

heeseung can't breathe, he can't speak.

but he does.

"yeah, it's fine. i don't mind." 

his heart is fluttering, it's soaring; and no one knows, except himself.

fun fact: heeseung loves to collect flight boarding passes.

a/n:

hello ^•^

i hope you're all safe and doing well~

this chapter is a teensy tiny bit shorter than the previous two because it's pre-written, i tried to make it longer but i couldn't ㅠㅠ
still i'm hoping you liked it~~

the boarding pass collecting habits is one of my own, i lost all of them a few years back though, so i'm rebuilding my collection from scratch >~<

thank you for reading, i hope you have a joyful, happy week ahead <33

lots of love,
niki :3