Chapter 3

Chapter 3

The next couple of days were slow for Shivey, she had a couple of small jobs that only took a few hours so had time to herself. Coral had the office in order, so she took herself to the gym going through an exercise routine she’d worked out with one of the dance instructors her mother had forced onto her when she was younger.

Sean, the dance instructor was a nice man and seeing that Shivey wasn’t going to be a social butterfly, decided to help her in the only way he could. He helped her build a routine that was a cross between dance and gymnastics. The routine became hers and over time she’d built on it and changed it up to suit her needs. It was fun and kept her fit. Shivey had to wear a leotard when she did it, which she decided was a small price to pay for the enjoyment she got. She had fun, stayed fit and looked good while doing it.

Shivey had booked the room for an hour, needing time to limber up before starting and also time at the end to wind down. The gym also had a swimming pool, which was good because at the end of losing herself in her routine, she sometimes needed time to chill and the pool helped with that.

The room had mirrors covering the walls on three sides, the other was glassed so people could observe. This was the only place Shivey didn’t mind being looked at. Mainly because once she began the routine, she’d lose herself in the movements and not notice if anyone was watching her.

This day was no different; she did some stretching exercises to warm up before putting on her music and beginning. The music began slowly giving her body time to relax into it. The beat quickly picked up, as did her movements and she smiled knowing that this was her time, her space and no one could ever share it with her.

Taren stood quietly watching as Shivey moved through her routine. The longer he stood there the more he became caught up in her movements.  He wanted to step closer to the glass, but didn’t want to distract her… didn’t want her to see him watching her every move. He barely caught the voice coming from his left and was somewhat shocked to see Rhys Andrews standing beside him.

Rhys saw the surprise on Taren’s face but down played it, “She’s good. The sad thing is, she has no idea how good. If she was human she’d probably have been a dancer or maybe a gymnast.” He sighed, “Shivey told me once that this is the only way she can truly lose herself. I think it’s one of the only places she’s been able find peace.” He shrugged, “this and the kind of work she does.”

“And why is that?” Taren was curious, Siobhan should find peace or at least comfort within her Pack. Rhys didn’t answer he shook his head laughing it off. Taren let it go, realising he wanted to discover Siobhan’s secrets for himself. He watched as Rhys moved towards the door and stepped inside, making his way to one end of the room.

Shivey sensed someone watching her. It had never worried her before, hell it usually didn’t register until she finished her routine. This, she realised meant only one thing, the Alpha was watching her. She forced herself to concentrate on what she was doing, this was her time, her space and she wasn’t about give it up.

Her movements were graceful, giving the impression she’d actually become part of the music itself. She turned, spinning her body and pulling back as her routine wound down. As she looked up her steps faltered, but instead of coming to a halt, she ran throwing herself into her brothers’ arms bowling him over.

As they hit the floor Rhys turned slightly to make sure his sister was protected by his body as they hit the floor. She wrapped her arms around him and held on tight. They rolled around on the floor laughing, Rhys holding her as only a protective, loving brother would.

Taren watched their reunion, seeing firsthand how close brother and sister were; Siobhan held Rhys as close as one might hold a lover. Unbidden, a pang of jealousy shot through him, both surprising and scaring the hell out of him. He wanted that, that feeling of welcoming reunion. He wanted to settle down and share his life with someone. Then realisation hit like a hammer on the back of his head. He wanted her, wanted her like he’d never wanted any other woman. More frighteningly, one word came to mind, one word both he and his inner-beast agreed on. One word he knew would change his life for all time.