3

unedited as of 02/24/2022 !!

"Thoma!"

The relief of seeing the blond came in an immeasurable rush. "It was you, wasn't it?" His green eyes sparkled less than normal, but he looked incredibly relieved to see the (h/c) girl standing there unharmed. Her sour mood dissolved rather quickly at the sight of her long-time friend standing alive and safe in front of her. "You looked like a goner," she breathed, basking in the calm of his presence for the quiet moment.

The remaining particles of electro fluttered through the air like a leaf, zapping Thoma's heart as he remembered the events that happened mere moments before. Instead of pressing the subject, he chuckled, grasping her hand and pulling her into the teahouse. Kozue opened her mouth to protest slightly, but Thoma assured her with a wave of 'its fine,' and shut the door.

Kozue wasn't very impressed and had some questions for her master later, one of which was regarding Thoma's authority in the residence. She just crossed her arms and huffed, annoyed but trusting of Thoma.

Taroumaru woofed quietly when Y/N came in, wagging his tail adorably. Her eyes widened as she shook a surprised Thoma off to go pet the dog. The blond watched fondly as she rubbed his ears, a soft smile overtaking her features. "He kind of looks like you Thoma!"

The boy gasped in mock offense. "Are you saying I look like a dog!?" (y/n) laughed slightly, booping Taroumaru's nose. As he tried to bite her finger, she looked at Thoma. (e/c) met green, his red outfit truly bringing out the undertones of emerald as he giggled uncertainly at her cryptic response.

'Sometimes, though I'd never tell her, (y/n) reminds me of the Guuji. Yae just has a better hold on her temper,' Thoma thought, crossing his arms. The fact (y/n) had a temper, or even just a harder time keeping her emotions (the prominent one being annoyance) in check was probably the reason she and Yae didn't quite get along. The Guuji's arduous nature drove the dancer to slight insanity; Yae's constant banter and slight pettiness was something (y/n) just couldn't handle. The pink-haired Kitsune appeared to the public as a wonderful writer, dedicated to the gods. Beautiful and intelligent.

As of now, perhaps it was the fact that (y/n) lived in Miko's slightly selfish and cunning shadow, second best, serving those better than her that caused her to snap. When the vision hunt decree was put in motion, it was agreed that (y/n) should keep her vision by the Tenryou Commission, but she was put under a mandate: "For the ceremonial purpose only. Any other uses shall have you, your vision, and your current job terminated." It left a sour taste in her mouth, the bitterness bursting out of the lemon seeds when she found out The Guuji could keep hers with no consequences. Was it her job? Her closeness with the Raiden Shogun?

Yae Miko found (y/n)'s annoyance towards her rather amusing. After all, it really wasn't all the Kitsune's fault, it was the others. She just needed to realize it. Miko didn't exactly know why she hated her so, and the time she had been confronted by the Shrine Maiden Kano Nana in private that she shouldn't taste the other about it she felt guilty, just for a moment. It was a strenuous relationship, nagging at the two women constantly as they saw each other every day.

"Thoma?" She waved a hand in front of his face, snapping the distracted blond out of his thoughts. "Sorry!" He blurted, flushed. (y/n) laughed slightly, standing up properly. "How about I make my specialty, and we can discuss plans. I need to be on my way to Watatsumi," Shooing Thoma to sit in another room in the teahouse so she could make the dessert and make tea.

It was quiet for a few minutes, other than the clatter of dishes and various food-assembling sounds. "(y/n)," Thoma lazily called down the hallway. "You realize I'm the housekeeper, correct?" She shrugged, before remembering he couldn't see her. "Sure Thoma. You almost just died, take a seat."

The harsh reality stung, fizzling the lighthearted banter out like a firework. "Sorry," She mumbled, getting out the premade ingredients and assembling the Daifuku Mochi. "I know how it feels, but just try to block out the pictures, okay?"

Thoma laughed and sarcastically remarked, "You're so incredibly motivational and helpful." (y/n) walked back into the room and put down the plate before shoving him slightly. "I'm trying my best! My life is dance and reading fortunes, idiot."

They sat in comfortable silence, munching on the dessert the woman prepared for the Mondstadt boy. The long-time friends didn't quite know what to say as they recovered from the traumatic event.

'It could've been me,' she thought, then shook her head guiltily. 'but it wasn't, it was Thoma. Don't be selfish.'

Thoma himself looked at her with a bewildered expression. (y/n) cleared her throat as well as her thoughts, fiddling with her sleeve. Sitting up straighter, she spoke, "Is there any news from anyone out of Narukami I should know? I was, um, on my way to Watatsumi, but-"

"-clearly things got in the way," Thoma finished her sentence with a grimace. "Yes, I understand. The traveler is on his way to find the Sangonomia camps to fight, and I recommend you stay... in the political side of affairs."

Half offended, (y/n) rested her plate on the table in front of her. "Not that you're a bad fighter!" Thoma hastily added, sweating slightly. "Just, with you being someone with a high name and part of the shrine-" she sighed in annoyance, "-your reputation can't go down the drain like that; we both know this."

"Shrine this, shrine that." That was all she mumbled in reply. "All credits go to the Guuji at the end of the day," gritting her teeth, she stood up.

"I'll make my way to the Sangonomia Shrine. Thank you for your company, Thoma." She walked to the door frame and paused, looking back at him with a look he couldn't quite place; (e/c) eyes piercing his green. "Stay safe, cleaner boy."

"Hey!" He protested, but she just laughed and walked down the hall, footsteps echoing before the door slammed closed.

Her laugh was a mix of the late-spring sakura and the flash of thunder. Mind-meddling, certainly the shrine maiden was more than meets the eye.

 Mind-meddling, certainly the shrine maiden was more than meets the eye