:: ⁰⁰² ::

"you know about this bug spray, right?" huijin shows a bottle of jungle juice, the man—who's name you learned is suchan— nods in response.

"it's jungle juice." you voice out, "it mixed your dna with a bugs dna. it used to be really popular since it was sold as a spray that would kill bugs with just one spritz. the only problem was that it's dna gets mixed into yours if you're nearby."

"just like three of us, a part of our body turns into something like an insect's." you hum, lifting your long coat before showing him your needle-like tail.

"then..who would've made this terrible spray..?" suchan seems enraged, frustration showing through that anger

"that, we don't know." it's huijin's turn to talk, "the company that made it. the people that made it. it's all a mystery. that only thing that has been exposed is the damned company circulating the spray in the market..and that there's an unknown number of people exposed to the spray."

suchan pulls out his phone, tapping a few times before speaking, "..why does nobody know about these terrible things? it's not even being searched for.."

"because we've been erasing every sign and trace of it." you grin, showing him your screen, the search engine not being able to look for results of 'jungle juice'.

"we..?"

"we're here." you ignore his question before standing up, walking towards the exit of the bus.

suchan seems confused as he steps out, following after you and the ravennett.

"uh. what? but this is still inside the tunnel??"

"do you know where tunnels are made?" huijin presses a few buttons.

"well, inside the mountain.."

with a loud whoosh, the wall opens, bright light burning through as loud chatter spills out, echoing around the tunnel.

"being around non insects can be taxing. so we live in hiding, where people won't bother our kind." you grin at him, motioning for him to go ahead and enter.

"welcome to the nest."

suchan takes a step back, shock painting his features, "what is this place..perhaps..is everyone here..?"

"you're crazy if you think you're the only one affected by the jungle juice. you're not alone, you've got this whole place with you." patting his back, "even though it's a university, it's a facility to protects us people like us."

you smile as he continues to look at everyone in shock and comfort.

"we'll be back after reporting to the department office. take a look around~ the only transfer student this term is you." huijin grabs your arm, dragon you off.

"care to dismiss me now, professor?" you sigh, standing by the door

the man immediately nods, waving a hand goodbye. you reciprocate it before pushing open the door to head to your dorm.

'enrollment's in a few hours. how am i supposed to pass if that idiot professor didn't let me rest?' grumbles and curses leave your lips as your steps echo along the hallways.

this time, you're trying out for professor ma's class.

though you're still unsure, everything around him has been nothing but suspicious. despite being one of the people who's raised you, there were far too many mysteries surrounding him.

you never dared asking anyone if they agreed about your suspicions. professor ma was a man respected by most of the authorities and students here. so for you to say you suspected an angel would be a death sentence.

you're sure he also sent you out on purpose to exhaust you.

no faculty has once instructed you to begin a new mission right after ending one. it was common respect and knowledge to let your students rest, however he sent you out, knowing a praying mantis had been going berserk.

perhaps he was hoping your energy would drain out trying to stop the mantis.

thankfully, according to huijin's report, she was able to knock the mantis out right before you could encounter him.

perhaps he knows you're aiming for his class

well, thinking wouldn't help you right now. sleeping should come as soon as possible.

two hours would be enough to bring back your energy.

━━━━━━ ⸙ ━━━━━━

"( y/n ), enrollment is starting soon!"

you're kicked out of bed, a harsh impact landing on your back as you jolt awake.

"ugh, dohwa?" groaning, you rub your lower back for comfort as you slowly stand up.

has it already been two hours?

"BAHAHHAHA YOU IDIOT YOU SET UP AN ALARM BUT DIDNT CONFIRM IT" she hollers, pointing towards your phone that's indeed been set up, however you still had yet to press the confirm button.

"ah, shit..."

"class rep already signed you up. hurry to the enrollment class, grasshopper saved you a seat." dohwa hums out before kicking your door down to leave.

"ugh.."

you stretch a bit, a few joints popping as you jog towards the said classroom. thankfully, it was only a few stairs down and not the building across.

"student ( y/n )."

you halt your movement, turning towards the voice you've grown to find comfort in.

"old man." you turn your heels, meeting eyes with the half-bombardier beetle. his hair's gone all white, unlike all those years ago.

"you're planning on going to professor ma's lectures, are you not?" his habit of caressing his beard doesn't stop as he talks to you, "i know why you're doing it. i know you inside out."

you stay silent, maintaining eye contact, waiting for him to give you a good reason not to enroll to confirm your suspicions.

"with your skills now, there's no doubt you'll get to the top of the class and obtain the cinderella." he starts, "however, if you do get it, and your suspicions have not been confirmed just yet, you will have no more chances of finding a way to the mysteries around him. if he truly is a man behind a mask, you're walking right into his trap."

you take a moment, considering his words. he does make sense.

"..alright." you finally agree in defeat, "but in exchange for agreeing, report to me anything slightly suspicious about him, around him, and of him."

professor ji chuckles, "how disrespectful to ask your senior to give you reports."

"it's the least you could do after ruining my plans."

"alright, alright. get to enrollment now, it's starting soon."