Shadows Amidst Aember

Set During The Shadows Amidst Snowstorms Event

"Paimon's starving! Could you hurry up please?"

Aether was quickly getting more and more agitated with his little fairy friend, she had been non stop complaining about her hunger for the last 2 hours. It made it incredibly difficult to concentrate on taking out the hilitural camps, he nearly got shot because of it!

"Just eat those sunsettias you picked up from Mingyun Village!" Aether hissed.

"But then Paimon will have none left!"

Aether sighed at his friend's ignorant comment. "Just shut up and let me concentrate."

He perched above a small camp of hiliturals, examining the area before plotting his attack. 1 sniper, 2 on ground level. If I can take out the sniper silently that will save me a lot of trouble. Aether thought. He pulled out his bow, a new weapon he recently forged to take archery lessons with a certain Outrider. Ok Aether you got this, just like Amber told you, nock the arrow, hand under chin, pull back, anddddd-

"Ugh get on with it already!!!!"

"Paimon be quiet-" Too late. The hiliturals were instantly alerted to their presence and the sniper quickly opened fire! One arrow graced the hair on Aether's arm, only missing it by a few atoms. There goes the stealth plan. Aether quickly went on to plan B which involved him jumping down and facing the hilitural head on. It wasn't hard but it sure would have been easier if he had gone the stealth route. After clearing the camp he quickly looted whatever scraps they had in their chests which wasn't a ton.

"Took you long enough, can we go eat now?" Paimon pleaded

At this point Aether was ready to give up. After nearly losing his arm due to Paimon's recklessness he knew that something had to be done about it. "FINE. We'll go get you something to eat at Good Hunter." Aether packed up his supplies in a fit and headed towards Mondstadt.

"Yaay!!!" A smug smile appeared on Paimon's face as she twirled around, she loved getting her way. Especially when it involved food.

—--------------------------------------

Once they arrived they found Sara who welcomed them with open arms. They had established a pretty strong friendship since they came to visit pretty often, mostly attributed to Paimon. In fact Sara wasn't even sure if they would still be in business if it wasn't for Paimon.

"Hey Traveler and Paimon! How may I help you? She asked in her usual cheerful tone.

Aether turned toward his fairy friend, "What do you want Paimon?" he asked in a very unamused tone.

"Hmm, may I get 4 chicken mushroom skewers? And 2 Fisherman's Toast? Oh and maybe some Sausages? and don't forget the cheese!

By now Aether was pissed. Not because of how much all this would cost, in fact he did pretty well for himself considering he didn't have a traditional "job", plus he liked supporting a friend. What made him mad was the amount of time it would take Paimon to eat all of this! Her stomach may be huge, but her mouth was still teeny tiny, making even the smallest of foods take her a while to fully digest. Aether did not say anything though, as he didnt want to make a scene in front of a valued friend.

Sara wrote down everything Paimon said as she said it in her notepad, which was quite an impressive feat. "All right, Anything for you traveler?"

"I'll have some cheese."

While his order was completely dwarfed by the entire grocery list that Paimon had ordered, he did want to at least buy something to justify this trip.