her favorite color

her absolutely favorite color is red.

the color of the heat on your skin, of the burn when you've been out in the sun too long. the color associated with the wonderful feeling of love, yet also the hateful anger. if you've ever stood in front of many people and messed up, that embarrassment, that heat you feel wash over you. that's red.

it's the taste of something spicy. it's like an alarm grabbing your attention, warning you about what's to come. red can be the beautiful color of roses, or well-known color of the blood emitting from a scar or bruise.

that's her favorite color, the one which contrasts itself. the wondrous red. so if someone were to give her blank paper she wouldn't hesitate to paint it crimson.

and that's what god did.

they gave her the most beautiful canvas. snow, white, twinkling in the moonlight. Brightening up the darkest night. knowing her love for the color, they blessed her with a palette full of different shades of red.

and a brush, just for her. with the handle handle made of steel, as well as everything from the belly to the toe. it was certainly not the usual brush an artist would choose. but god had given her the opportunity to paint whatever she wanted, however she wanted.

so while gripping her brush tightly in one hand, she started dancing around. swinging her hand swiftly so her masterpiece could be finished. softly humming along to the sounds around her.

she loved it. loved the sight of the red dyeing the white. loved the sound when her brush dipped the paint. she loved how she could move so freely, as if no one was watching. as if she was the only human left in the world.

she felt blessed.

but nothing good lasts forever. her melody slowly came to a stop along with her movements. looking at her palette realizing she was out of color. trailing her eyes over the once white canvas, a small content smile showed on her face.

she turned around and walked away.

away from her masterpiece which was glowing in her favorite color.

when the weather changes, her art will be washed away. but she could always paint a new one somewhere else. just like she did now. after all, god was at her side.