𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘚𝘪𝘹: 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘔𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳

~~~Friday, November 11th~~~

It was dark when you got back home, you, Dustin, and Mike searched for El the rest of the day. You were informed about the little squabble Mike and Lucas had and that El flung Lucas across the junkyard.

You opened the door it let out a loud creak making you cringe you didn't need to wake your foster parents up, you were supposed to be home before sundown and you didn't want to be berated with questions. You slowly walked inside the house closing the door silently before looking up at the clock on the wall, it said 11:34 PM.

Y/n: Well, fuck.

You sneaked your way to the living room which lead to the stairs, you were nearing the stairs until you heard a Click and light illuminated behind you.

Y/n: Double fuck.

Mabel: Where were you?

Mabel was sitting on a rocking chair wearing her nightgown and had eyes that could kill.

Y/n: I was. . . hanging out with friends.

That was a horrible excuse.

Mabel: Uh-huh.

Y/n: No, I really was I promise!

Mabel: We were worried you know.

Y/n: Yes I know, and I'm sorry.

There was a pregnant pause as Mabel glared holes at you. She sighed and got up from the chair, soon her glare turned into caring eyes.

Mabel: Y/n, I'm happy that you found friends you can spend time with, but the rules of this house still apply. Now go to sleep

You sighed in relief, thankful she won't rip you a new one. You continued to the stairs until she asked you a question.

Mabel: Are you okay?

You stopped at your third step and flashes of what happened at the junkyard came up.

Y/n: Uh. . . yeah, yeah I'm fine.

Mabel didn't believe you but she knew better than to push it.

Mabel: Okay. . . good night sweetie.

Y/n: Yeah. . . good night.

That was the first time you let her call you that. This time it didn't feel awkward, it felt. . . comforting.

You entered your room and took a look around, you had to clean it in this morning with the help of Wayne after your little breakdown, unfortunately, you couldn't rebuild the walls so Wayne is getting someone to fix those up, but for now, you're stuck with the holes.

Switching to pajamas you plopped yourself onto the bed and stared at the ceiling. You thought back on El, you didn't know what it was but. . . you felt butterflies in your stomach every time you were near her, your heart beats faster, and you feel this urge to be close to her. You didn't know what this feeling is nor did you understand it but it frightened you a bit.

You might have to ask someone about this but right now, you needed some sleep. And hope you won't get another nightmare.

~~~Saturday, November 12th~~~

Dustin was riding through the streets of the neighborhood he was planning on visiting Mike and talking about yesterday but he needed to pick someone up first. That, someone, was you who was currently redesigning Troy's bike Wayne had asked you where you got it and, the great liar that you are said.

Y/n: Got it from the junkyard.

Wayne didn't question you any further.

Dustin pulled up in front of your house to see you in the garage spray painting the bike.