Diaries of an Outsider

The Diaries of an Outsider

INTRO

My life was chaos and I thought this was a way out. A chance to restart my life. But this experiment made everything worse. I could feel my body reacting and transforming to the liquid I drank from the vile. I was in tremendous pain. Then, it happened… The moment I grew a tail I knew I couldn’t go back. At that moment I knew I would never know happiness again. I would never be normal again; I was destined to be a science experiment. But you know what I did… I escaped. Now, in the year 2031, my life started to change. I was being tracked down, and with these newly emerged powers, I had the potential to end the world…

Chapter 1

Then again, I was the smartest in the class, yet I didn’t want to answer the question. As my heart started to beat faster I could count the beats, 1 beat…2 beats…3 beats. My fur was standing up straight. I couldn’t think clearly, and as I started to tremble, I breathed in shakily and…

I could feel the other humans shaking and yelling my name. “Mariko… Mariko!...” I could hear as I was being woken up by my teacher. As I came to, they tried to give me a glass of water. I shoved the crystal glass away. My heart was still pounding but I was too in shock to count the beats. I still remembered the question I was asked. As I stood up with my legs shaking, I heard murmurs in the crowd. I tried to speak but all that came out was “I…kn…kn…the…ans…s.” No one understood what I was trying to say. As I stopped trembling, I took a deep breath and tried to rethink what I said. I opened my mouth and corrected myself. “I know the answer… you know? To the question you asked me.” The whole class stood in awe, breathless, like what I just said was not my words. I just stared back in silence. The teacher was confused and shocked at the same time. She had no words to say to me as my ears twitched. The silence grew longer. I could hear my heartbeat again, but I didn’t feel like I was going to faint. I felt like I was daydreaming. I couldn’t see my teacher anymore, what I saw before me was a beautiful forest, with vividly colored flowers and the greenest of trees. In the distance I heard a pipe flute playing. I also heard the playful laughter of nymphs deep in the forest. As I cautiously walked in I saw the seen right before my eyes, but the person playing the pipe flute was not a sader, it was the guy who I had a crush on. “BRRING!” I heard the bell that ends school and snapped out of my daydream.

What had happened to me back there? This thought had never occurred to me before, yet again, what had happened to me in class had never happened to me before. A daydream? This is normal for people to have, but this wasn’t a daydream. It was something that could not be explained in words. This vision, if I may call it that, was in another realm. A realm not yet accessed by the human mind. Then again, I wasn’t human. I was different.

Chapter 2

They say humans only use about 5%-10% of their brain. Mariko was different. Mariko is part cheetah and part human. She can do things physically that humans cannot do even if they tried. She also just experienced the part of her she never knew she had. The mental part. She can use 50%-60% of her brain, which allows her to create her own worlds. Even though she could do this her whole life, she just figured out now what her full potential was.

As I climbed into my den I thought to myself: is this power I wield real power, or is it my overactive imagination going completely insane. I was kidding myself; I don’t have that good an imagination. Yet the world I created was my imagination coming to life. I usually have contradicting thoughts like this, but this one, this one I could not decide on which statement was right. Could I try to access this world I created again by falling asleep, or do I have to be awake to access the believer-worlds, as I would call them. We shall find out tonight now shall we.