Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

"I should go." tangi kong nasabi matapos ang lahat ng sinabi nito.

I know it was a cowardly move but that is the only thing that I can think of. To escape from him. From his gaze. From his sight.

I heard him chuckle before nodding his head. He didn't say a thing when I opened my car door until I sat on the driver's seat.

"I'll see you tomorrow at work. Good night, Autumn."

I turned on the engine and immediately sped off. Nang makarating ako sa condo ay mabilis akong naligo, trying so hard not to think about the things that I've been told a while ago.

The next day, I decided not to go the café in the morning. No, actually, I've thought about not going anymore but that could make it look like I got scared of facing him so I scratched that idea and told Monica that I'll go there in the afternoon instead.

Dahil doon, I spent the whole morning cleaning up and when it was time to eat, I ordered food for lunch from the café and asked our family driver, to pick it up from the shop.

Habang naghihintay ay mabilis akong naligo dahil kanina pa rin ako nanglalagkit sa pawis. May trento minutos din akong naligo bago natapos at saktong tapos na ako magbihis ng marinig ko ang pagtunog ng doorbell.

I immediately went out of my room to open the door and was surprised to see who it is standing in front of me.

"Delivery!"

Showing the paper bag with the food inside, Trigger enthusiastically said.

"What are you doing here?" takang tanong ko and more importantly, how did he know where I live?

"Your driver had an emergency while on the shop so I volunteered to deliver your lunch instead."

I gave him a serious look to show him that I am not happy to see him and lifted my hand, gesturing him to give the bag to me.

"I missed you this morning, by the way." sabi nito habang iniaabot sa akin ang dalang paper bag na muntik ko nang mabitawan dahil sa sinabi nito.

My breathing hitched. Nangatog ang mga tuhod ko. I saw him stifle a laugh. Nakagat ko ang ibabang labi bago umayos ng tayo at huminga ng malalim, composing nyself in front of him.

Monica could've warned be about him coming or the driver. Bakit hindi man lang sila nagsabi? Sana pala ay hindi na lang ako nagpadala ng pagkain.

"Thank you for bringing the food, you may go." kalmadong sabi ko habang matapang na nakatitig sa kaniya.

"What time are you going to the café?" he asks.

"What made you think that I'm going there today?" pinagtaasan ko ito ng kilay.

I own the café. Pwede namang hindi ako pumunta. It's my choice.

"So you're not?"

"Just go, Mr. Zapanta." He flashed a smile and my cheeks burned  instantly.

"Yes Ma'am." sumaludo pa ito. "I'll be going now then. Enjoy your lunch!"

I didn't respond and instead closed the door, leaving him there.

Here I am deciding not to go there this morning just so I can at least lessen the time that I will see him and then there's him standing in front of the door of my condo unit with my food.

So much for trying to avoid him.

I went to the kitchen and put the bag that I am holding on top of the counter. Binuksan ko iyon at kinuha ang food box na nasa loob when a note fell down.