𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞. 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐫

Ichigo hums a small tune as she idly reads Life After Death: The Unknown Horror. She adjusts her leg again, making her slowly spin around.

"Ichigo? Are you here? Your sisters say you come here when you're practicing magic," Rukia calls out from the entrance of the abandoned warehouse. Ichigo whistles as she turns a page. She scowls and takes out a pen, marking something in the margins and crossing information out.

"Up here, Rukia!" Ichigo calls out as she lets her arms hang above her head to focus on the black haired female. Rukia snaps her head up and blinks rapidly at what she sees.

Ichigo hung upside down only by her leg wrapped around aerial silks. She wore a worn pair of black shorts and an ocean blue crop top.

"We're training today, remember?" Rukia speaks as if nothing was out of the ordinary. "And I want to finish where we left off with Shin'ō Academy."

Ichigo closes her book and waves her hand to float it down to the ground. She swings herself up and slowly releases the silks around her leg. She keeps a grip on the silks as she climbs down.

"I need to go by the store afterwards and get ingredients for dinner. Are you allergic to anything?" Ichigo asks as she lands her feet onto the ground.

Rukia frowns in confusion and shakes her head. "No. Why do you ask?"

"Aren't you going to stay for dinner?" Ichigo asks, snapping her fingers. The aerial silks fall unceremoniously, landing on the ground with a resounding plop.

"How'd you do that-I mean, I didn't realize I would be staying for dinner," Rukia quickly corrected her statement with reddened cheeks.

Ichigo smiles knowingly and grabs the book still floating in the air. She slips on her shoes and starts walking towards the exit.

"It's an advanced levitation spell. Since I don't have a wand at the moment, I've been practicing wandless magic," Ichigo answers the first question. "And you're already sleeping in my closet, Rukia. Guests in my house don't stay hungry."

Rukia flushes an even bright shade of red. She sticks her nose in the air with straightened posture.

"Well then, thank you for your hospitality," Rukia says without mentioning her technical trespassing. Ichigo chuckles silently with an eye roll before her casual scowl comes back when they exit the warehouse.

"You always do that, the scowl," Rukia points out, trying to copy Ichigo's expression.

"People never take the time to see my true self. If they don't want to, then why do I need to make it easier for them to see me?" Ichigo states with an amused smirk. Rukia looks up at the taller female with bright eyes and smiles.

"Then, they must be fools. Even as thick-headed as you are, you're pretty nice to hang around," Rukia teases as she clasps her hands behind her back. Ichigo rolls her eyes and halfheartedly glares at the disguised spirit.

She glances around and wordlessly casts a privacy charm around them. The air shimmers a faint silver before fading back to normal.

"What were you reading?" Rukia changes the subject, watching Ichigo hug the book to her chest. Ichigo holds out the book with a frown and opens it up.

"A highly misinformed book about the Afterlife. I was curious about what the Magical World thought about it. I'm disappointed," Ichigo glares down at all the blacked out text she had caused. An entire page was completely covered in ink.

"Can other... Witches and Wizards see spirits like you can?" Rukia asks slowly, finding the right words. Ichigo smiles and shakes her head.

"Some spirits choose to come Back and can be Seen by everyone. But, Witches and Wizards must be Blessed to See the rest." Ichigo brushes back some of her hair back as a breeze blows past. "It's mainly certain families that are Blessed with Sight and it's natural they won't tell anyone of it. Even the Magical World has their inhibitions against Seeing."