Prologue

Prologue

Victoria Knox used to live with her parents. They lived a normal life. A very happy life. A life with totally no worries. Literally ZERO worries. It stayed that way for seven years.... SEVEN YEARS!

Until one day...

It was 8.00am. Mr. Knox, Victoria's father kissed Victoria and Mrs. Knox goodbye. He's going for a business trip. A trip that lasts for one week. Which meant Mr. Knox will be coming home after a week. He set his luggage in the cab's trunk and got into the passenger seat of the cab which then started the journey to the airport.

That same day... at night... something really bad happened...

"A plane, flight number RWK17 crashed in the evening. All the passengers, pilots, stewards and stewardesses were found dead. We are very sorry for all the family members of the victims. After the investigation, the plane crashed due to engine failure..." said the news reporter in the television.

RWK17... RWK17... RWK17... R...W...K...1...7

That flight number kept repeating inside Victoria and Mrs. Knox's head. Both of them were terrified, shocked...

"Couldn't be..." Mrs. Knox mumbled. Victoria was sobbing softly.

"Couldn't...be..." Mrs. Knox's mumbles turned into whispers.

"Couldn't be..." Mrs. Knox's words got louder and louder, she seemed to be losing control...

"HOW COULD THIS BE?!!! IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!! It must just be a nightmare, A NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!", Mrs. Knox finally lost control and screamed out loud, so loud the neighbours heard it.

Victoria, although she's just seven years old, was very mature. Her sobs became cries. She cupped her mom's shoulders, trying her best to calm her mom down.

"NOOOOOO!!!!" Mrs. Knox shouted out loud again, shoving Victoria away harshly.

That flight number... That plane... It was the plane that Mr. Knox boarded...

The plane crashed... All passengers died... Mr. Knox died...

Victoria lost her dad... Mrs. Knox lost her husband...

------

It's been a week, a week after Mr. Knox passed away. Mrs. Knox have been refusing to eat or drink. She still couldn't accept the fact that her husband died.

Victoria being the caring girl, had many times advised her mom to take care of her own health. But her mom just couldn't listen.

Mrs. Knox was getting sicker and wallower day by day. Her face got more and more pale as each day passed by.

Victoria pleaded to Ms. Amelia, Mrs. Knox's long time friend to take Mrs. Knox to the doctor.

Ms. Amelia took Mrs. Knox to see the psychologist before also seeing the doctor. The psychologist concluded that Mrs. Knox was having a depression. A very major depression.

After that, Mrs. Knox went to see the doctor. The doctor said that Mrs. Knox was very sick at the moment. They should've brought her to the hospital earlier. Mrs. Knox needed to be hospitalised, and hospitalisation itself worsen her depression.

In the ward, the doctor and psychologist have to visit Mrs. Knox frequently to check on her condition. But no matter how hard they tried to make Mrs. Knox eat, it wouldn't work. She still refused to eat.

Ms. Amelia took care of Victoria the whole time when Mrs. Knox was sick. She hoped Mrs. Knox can see Victoria in a good condition when she recovered.

Day by day... Week by week... Month by month...

Mrs. Knox's condition was very bad. Very very very bad. She had to be sent to a hospital overseas for treatments.

After sending Mrs. Knox overseas, Victoria became an orphan. Ms. Amelia, a very busy person, didn't have time to take care of Victoria. Therefore, Victoria was sent to an orphanage that was owned by Ms. Amelia.

From that day onwards, Victoria started a life as an orphan...

No matter how comforting the orphanage is... No matter how good the other kids in the orphanage are... Victoria still preferred living with her parents.

The orphanage... The roommates... The school in the orphanage... The food provided in the orphanage...

Everything about the orphanage cannot be compared to her home with her parents. Victoria stayed in the orphanage, awaiting her mom's recovery and her dad's resurrection, which will never happen...

Victoria started losing hope...

Until her birthday...

Victoria got a few presents, but found out that one of her presents, a diary, is magical.

That diary... It changed her life...

It brought her through a few circumstances...

Many unexpected things happened after she got her diary...

What happened?