Pretty Thoughts

Ok, so this is the first time in a long while of me writing something. This is just a little thing I decided to make to calm myself down, I hope you enjoy! Also, saimota brainrot real

___________________________________

It was a cold night, wind blowing through the trees and making a slight hiss sound as it pushes harshly through the leaves. Kaito sat under several blankets. His apartment had no air conditioning, leaving him to fend for himself. He didn't really mind it at this point, having gone through similar experiences for astronaut training, though he could feel himself shaking slightly.

He sat on his sofa, lazily looking through his social medias, brainlessly swiping through his friend's posts. His eyes were growing heavy by the second, sleep was rearing its head. He kept telling himself "One more post, then I'll go to sleep", though his self-control seemed to be lacking at this particular moment. He looked at the time, 1 AM. "Shit.", he thought to himself, "I have to get up early, fuck, whatever I'll sleep now." he turned his phone off and put it on his coffee table before rolling over to the other side of his couch and closing his eyes.

He relaxed a little, not needing to shift positions as he was already extremely tired. He started to drift off, thinking about different things from his training, what he had for lunch that day, and even how he just remembered that he needed to pick up that pot for his new plant. However, after a while his mind halted to one particular thought. It wasn't surprising as he always seemed to find a way back to thinking about this particular thing.

Shuichi Saihara, his sidekick and best friend. They'd known each other since the beginning of freshmen year of high school, so around 5 years ago maybe? Back then, Shuichi was extremely shy and closed off, but with the help of Kaito and others, he slowly came out of his shell. Even back then, Kaito thinks, he knew there was something special about him.

Shuichi is extremely smart, and that's not an over-exaggeration, Shuichi is the smartest person Kaito knows. His intellect reaches no bounds and he always says the most interesting things. Shuichi always has the most brilliant thoughts that make him think and smile. Every word that falls out of Shuichi's mouth feels so precious to Kaito, almost as if they were objects he could physically hold in his hands. Kaito feels a warmth starting in his heart and spreading through his entire body thinking about this.

And it isn't just Shuichi's smarts that make Kaito gush over him. It's everything. Everything about Shuichi Saihara. His small frame that makes Kaito want to pick him up and never let go, and feel his light body next to his in a tight embrace. His soft, porcelain skin that glistens in the night sky. His awe-inducing yellowish gray eyes that seem to sparkle everywhere he went, with no end to his curious but warm gaze. His long, thick eyelashes that pair exquisitely with his pale skin, navy blue hair, and soft millennial pink lips. The way he walks, the way he flushes at every simple compliment he receives, the way he stumbles over his words sometimes when he's embarrassed or not sure of himself, the way he presents himself, the list goes on. Kaito loves everything, absolutely everything about him.

At this point Kaito snaps out of his love-sick trance and feels his face absolutely flushed and his mouth curled in a soft smile. He decides that it's time to actually get some proper sleep and begrudgingly casts away his pretty thoughts. He then slowly, but surely, drifts off and lets the waves of unconsciousness take over his body.

His love-filled soft smile never left his face though, staying on until the moment he woke up.

Kaito starts to think that setting his feelings aside is a bit harder than he initially thought.

___________________________________

Sorry it's so short, it was just something I started typing spur of the moment, have a good day!