Hazel

AN: Oh man guys I've been building up my nerve for sharing this. I wrote this during 2020 with barely any human interaction so it might be cringey. Also, this my very first fan-fic ever! I apologize for any grammar or spelling errors and other things like that.  I might not be continuing this because the last chapter I wrote is... bad, in my opinion. But whatever, better here than never seeing the sun. If anyone wants to take it on after I publish the chapters I have, just sent me a comment or something. Okay, please enjoy!

Hazel

Hazel took a sip of her tea, and parked her car at Olympus tower, and let out a little puff of breath. She took her purse and smoothed her lacy yellow dress out. She had got the job a month ago, yet she still worried that her co-workers might think of her as lazy or a slacker.

She stepped out of her car, locked it, and walked over to the rotating doors. The slight breeze made her shiver, and wish she had a jacket. It was 5 am, so it was expected that it was colder than usual. Hazel pushed the doors open, and took her place at the front desk, not very gracefully slumping into her chair. Her colleague, Leo Valdez, came over and shot her a smirk.
"Hey there, miss metal detector. Not feeling it at this perfectly normal hour of the day?" 
Hazel chuckled half-heartedly at the nickname and opened her computer.

"No, somehow I'm not psyched at the prospect of waking up at 4 am and working non-stop till 11 at night. You?" Leo laughed and said, "can't argue with that, Hazel-nut. Hey, that dress is fun, where'd you get it from?" He asked, tilting his head to the side. "Yeah, I got it from Old navy. Thought it was cute." She answered nonchalantly. Leo laughed as he walked away, and said loudly: "Not as cute as you, Levesque! See ya around!' Hazel blushed and tucked a cinnamon colored curl behind her ear.

She went through the routine that she had created over the last month. Open the tabs. Attendance, files, surveillance, email, schedule, list of who goes in and out. Just then, two people walked in. One of them was asian looking and seemed to look a little like a panda, with a military haircut. She tried to remember his name. Francis?  No, hank? Frank! That's it. He was an assistant for Reyna, I think. Hazel caught his eye, and waved him over. A light blush coated his face. If she was being honest, she found it a little cute.

"Hey, Hazel, right? Uh. hi!" I grinned and said: "Hello! Good to see you Frank. Um. you're all checked in." I felt a little heat rise to my cheeks. There was an awkward silence."So, uhh-" Frank began, but was  interrupted by a person who looked suspiciously like a scarecrow, with straw blonde hair, a tall, lean frame, and a snobby expression on his face, like everyone here was beneath him. He walked over stiffly to the front desk and addressed  her.
"You there! I'd like to file a complaint for one of your co-workers." He placed his hands on the table and stared her down. Frank turned his eyes downward and slunk away. "Alright, who would you like to file a complaint for?"  she asked, trying to mask her annoyance. He had been rather rude, interrupting Frank and her. She also hadn't worked here very long, but she liked her co-workers and didn't want them to get fired. "Reyna Ramirez-Arellano."