Bio & Prologue

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOPE'S PEAK STUDENT DATA CATALOGUE_

ROSTER

HISTORY

RECORDS

GRADES

EXIT

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHICH STUDENT_(Y/N)_(L/N)_

....

....

....

STUDENT FOUND_

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STUDENT NAME:_(Y/N)_(L/N)_

TITLE:_ULTIMATE_CHEMIST

NOTE:_MORE_OFTEN_REFERRED_TO_AS_ 'ULTIMATE TOXICOLOGIST'_

GENDER:_MALE_

AGE:_17_

HEIGHT:_190CM_6'2"_

WEIGHT:_75KG_165IBS_

CHEST_SIZE:_83CM_

APPEARANCE:_

*(H/C)_HAIR_

*(E/C)_EYES_

*OFTEN_SEEN_WEARING_GAS_MASK,_ EITHER_OVER_LOWER_FACE_OR_HANGING_AROUND_NECK_

EXIT

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOPE'S PEAK STUDENT DATA CATALOGUE_

ROSTER

HISTORY

RECORDS

GRADES

EXIT

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

....

It's a cold, quiet night in the city of (insert city name here). A young man stands on his balcony, an almost burnt out cigarette in one hand, the other in the pocket of his black jeans. He solemnly looks out over the city from his apartment room on the top floor of a high-class private apartment complex. He says nothing, not that he has anything to say, nor anyone to say nothing to. Rather, he enjoys the quiet ambiance of cars passing below and the occasional passerby and the minor breeze blowing through his hair.

I am that young man, (Y/N) (L/N).

I enjoy nights like these, where I can disregard the normal hustle of life and, if only for a moment of solitary peace. Of course, moments like these never last long and this one has now ended as I can hear someone knocking on the door to my apartment suite.

I put out what remained of my cigarette knowing it was illegal and hastily made my way to the front door trying not to knock over the lab equipment occupying most of the space on the top surfaces of tables and counters. I ran a brush through my hair and tried to wake myself up a little bit just in case someone important was at the door. I open it only to see the apartment's head bellboy, Lewis.

Lewis: Good Evening, Boss!

(Y/N): Ah, Louis. Evening.

Louis was the head bellboy here at the apartment complex and was someone who I had grown pretty close with over my extended stay here. I was able to pay the hotel enough to indefinitely rent out the emperor suite and have been living here for about a year on my own. I was never quite fond of my parents, so I took the opportunity to get away from them as soon as I could. I was an only child, and they never liked me; thought I was pursuing the wrong things in life and doing nothing but ordering me around. Then, my chemical abilities led to a monumental breakthrough in the medical field and suddenly they wanted to spend time with me and discuss all the things they wanted now that 'they' had the money for it. It was so unbearable knowing that the people who had brough me into this world wanted nothing from me but the money that I had worked hard for. So, one night a few years ago I gathered all my stuff and left in the middle of the night. I had enough presence in the minor news outlets to convince hotels and such to let me stay for extended periods of time, but I never stopped moving, knowing my parents would be looking for me. I'd always tell the managers of the various establishments to never admit I was there to anyone and to notify me if anyone came looking, as well as deliver some hush money to keep them quiet about the less than conventional activities. Every time, it was always the same call: my mother and father had come looking for me, demanding to know my whereabouts so they could get 'their' money. I had started to get tired of running, figuring I might as well just give up and let them catch up to me. Luckily, it seemed they had gotten tired of the chase too as I never got a call back from the last hotel. Now, I'd been staying here and have found company in Lewis, a middle-aged gentleman who oversaw the hotel's bellboys.

(Y/N): What's up?

Lewis: A letter arrived for you, boss. Very prestigious looking letter, if I do say so myself.

(Y/N): Egh, whatever. Probably just some government schmoozers wanting to license some chemical work or something of the sort.

Lewis: Any business is good business!

(Y/N): 'Suppose so. Thanks, Lew.

He stood there for a moment, his nose perked up and his eyes studying me before a knowing smile crept onto his face.

Lewis: You really shouldn't smoke, (Y/N).

(Y/N): ...yeah, yeah, I know. I'm trying to do it less.

Lewis: Well, I have other things I must attend to. Sleep well, boss.

(Y/N): You too.

I slowly close the door as he heads back to the elevator and make my way past my bubbling equipment, turning it all off as I walk towards the one area of my main sitting room not completely cluttered with equipment, the armchair in front of the fireplace. I sit and, after a moment of speculation, open the letter.

Dear Mr. (Y/N) (L/N),

I hope you are doing well. If you are reading this, it means that my associates and I have been lucky enough to track you down. You are quite the elusive individual. I am well aware of the talents and skills you possess and the work you have already accomplished. It is for this reason, among others, that I formally invite you to join us at Hope's Peak in about one month's time, dependent on when you get his letter, at the beginning of September as the

ULTIMATE TOXICOLOGIST

If you accept this enrollment, please contact myself or any of the other administrative faculty through our email addresses publicly available on our official website. Thank you and I hope to see you very soon.

Sincerely,

Jin Kirigiri, Hope's Peak Academy Headmaster

I reread the letter, ensuring I'm not hallucinating from my smoke earlier. After ensuring what I'm reading is real, my first instinct is to burn it. Such a public appearance wasn't ideal for my mostly covert operations. I wen to toss it into the fireplace, but something was stopping me. What was it? Did I want to attend a normal education? Did I want to be well recognized. No, neither of those. Then what could it be. And then, it dawned on me.

I was lonely. Depressingly lonely. I had no one important in my life, no one to call a friend, except maybe Lewis and some of the other staff. Perhaps that's what I've been needing. Friends. People to care about. People that would care about me.

And so off I rush to my bedroom, beginning to pack my things.

Time for a business trip.