1.3 Try Outs

Morgans POV

Jackson walked me over to a man with wild unkept black hair by the players bench with a wistel tied around his neck with a long line of red rope.

"Hey Coach got a new one here lookin to try out." Jackson said rather bitterly to the man who then turned to look at me. There was a brief pause as the man looked at me with exreme intencity.

"Whats ya name kid" He suddenly asked me making me blink back to reality.

"Morgan sir, Morgan Conners." I said trying not to show how nevous I was as the man kept stairing at me. You could literally see the gears turning in the mans eyes and like a switch and you could see the wildfire burning in his brain an a smile of pure evil smeered the mans face. I had to resist the urge to run an hide. This man is batshitt crazy.

The Coach suddenly turned around and grabbed a red jersy with a 10 written in white print on it roughly plantin git into my chest making me hastily grab it. "Go get a stick and a helmet an get in the charging line." He said an without hesitation I grabed some spare gear and made my way to the front of the line waiting for tryouts to start. I saw Allison and the girl I now know as Lydia and waved to them, seeing me they both waved back. My attention shifts when Coach yells again but to a familiar person.

"McCall your in goal." He called out to the boy on the other side of the field.

"But coach I've never played." McCall said a confused look on his face.

"I know, scoring some shots will give the boys a confidence boost. Its a first day back thing." Coach explained to him. Oh hes definetly gonna get nailed.

"Now go get'em energised, fire them up."Coach said with fake excitment.

"But what about me?" McCall asked looking really nervous.

"What about you." Coach said dissmisivly to him walking away leaving the kid to walk over to his doom at the goals.

When McCall got in goal I saw him turn his head an started looking at Lydia an Allison. It almost like he was listening to there converstaion. But my ears and head started ringing when a refferee blew into his wistle making me drop my stick and cover my ears that were now ringing with white noise.

"Hey are you okay?" A guy asked behind me an the ringing stopped an I shook it off.

"Yair im good, ready to go" I said grabbing my stick with a ball now in it.

I saw everyone was waiting to without wanting to look like a moron I just started charging down the fireld. I was down a third of the field in a matter of seconds coming to a stop not focusing on where I was aiming as I flung the ball full force. I didn't see that the goaly was cluching his helmet like I was befor. But I realised to late as the ball went flying to the goal at blinding speed only to hit the poor kid dead center of the face guard nocking him off his feet.

Everyone starts laughing but I run up to him.

"Here." I said offering him a hand witch he took letting me hoist him back to his feet. "Im so sorry are you okay? I didn't realize you wernt ready I-." But my rambels were cut off by the boys voice.

"It's all right man im all good. You got one hell of a throw." He said with a small smile "My names Scott whats yours?" He asked

"Oh." I said suprised. "'I'm Morgan and again im really sor-." But I was cut off by coach this time.

"Conner's, McCall! Stop flirting an get back to you positions now!" The carzy man yelled for all the other students to hear whom start laughing at the both of us. This made me go red and look noticably even more embarresed.