[ 006 ] don't be a spain in the butt

┍━━━*.·:·. ✦ .·:·.* ━━━┑
six.
DON'T BE A SPAIN
IN THE BUTT
┕━━━*.·:·. ✦ .·:·.* ━━━┙

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┊  ┊  ┊   ┊  ┊  ┊  ┊┊  ┊  ┊   ☆  ┊  ┊  ┊┊  ┊   ✬      ✬   ┊  ┊┊  ★             ★  ┊☆                   ☆

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┊  ┊  ┊   ┊  ┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ┊  ┊   ☆  ┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ┊   ✬      ✬   ┊  ┊
┊  ★             ★  ┊
☆                   ☆

TATE'S BREATH BURSTS from her mouth in rapid pants as she chases after Chloe Frazer. Fortunately, their position on the bridge should give her some advantage over the thief given that directions to run in are limited. Unfortunately, Chloe is not about to play games. She climbs over the iron railing on the other side and drops down below.

Sully is still yelling at her and Nathan as they follow her. Tate tunes out the sound of his voice and channels Ronan's spirit to guide her as she vaults herself over the barrier in a single smooth motion, keeping her balance when she lands on a red-shingled section of roof. Concrete runs between each large square of shingles, allowing Chloe to sprint down it without tripping.

Nathan chases after her with his sneakers pounding against the ground. The path is only wide enough for them to move one at a time, so Tate crosses to the right side in case Chloe tries to make an abrupt turn. Luckily, she does. Unluckily, she keeps moving straight with Nathan charging behind, and he doesn't notice Sully coming from his left until they crash right into each other.

"Could you move any slower?" Nathan yells at him.

"I got a bad ankle, kid! I can't be running around out here."

While they're arguing, Tate keeps moving. She finds her platform shoes helpful for giving her the additional height necessary to propel her up onto the higher section of the roof. It leads to a lookout point that Chloe also vaults herself over the edge of without a second thought.

Tate is impressed. The girl's got guts.

Fortunately for her, so does Tate. She follows right on her heels down to the patch of garden, dropping onto her side in a roll in the soil so she doesn't fuck up her knees. Chloe's red dress makes her easy to spot through the green foliage of the plants that she fights her way through.

One step behind. Always one step behind.

Tate pushes herself to move even faster even through the pain in her feet, unsure if she should attempt to tackle Chloe since they're in the middle of the street now, or if she should reach for the bag bouncing at her side.

She's distantly aware of Nathan screaming, "Oh, shit!" when he overcompensates for the unexpected drop and falls into the garden as well. It makes her roll her eyes.

Tate swings her body to the right to avoid an onslaught of oncoming cyclists. Her feet thunder down stone steps, arms whirling to keep her balance. She's back to cursing her boots again when they almost cause her to trip.