Untitled Part 1

Bedroom Politics

by

What is often said: Levi Ackerman of the eminent Ackerman family line of diplomats, is Maria's youngest ambassador and its most effective negotiator.

What is left unsaid: Levi Ackerman's Chief of Staff is fresh, pretty, and in demand in the private chambers of Sina's political elite, and neither of you were above taking full advantage of it.

AU, Diplomat!Reader, Diplomat!Levi, Politician!Erwin, Titans as terrorists

Chapter 1

"Wow."

Breathy. Feather-light against the indigo ink of the summer night sky. "You're graduating."

As if the very idea was a foreign, distant concept.

Legs dangled; swung at the edge of the old tile roof of the fraternity house. "You won't be here anymore."

A grunt. Mildly amused, mildly reproachful of the stupidity that conceived such a question. "That's usually the case." A swig of beer. The plink of aluminum against ceramic tile. "I'll miss you." A sigh. "For all your prickliness, Levi, you grow on people."

Simultaneous swivelling of heads. Eyes met, yours framed by an impish grin. Levi flicked your forehead, right between your eyes.

"Little brat." But his tone was soft, beer forgotten as his body turned squarely to face you. "Be good to yourself."

Your smile tightened. Eyes stung in anticipation of sentimental tears, but you laughed, loud and uncertain, turned away, and blinked your eyes dry.

"I'll spoil myself silly when you're gone." "Good."