Prolong

The screams of the Queen could be heard all over the castle, the servants grimaced in pain for her. While the King's mistress grinned in glee glad that she did not suffer the pain of child birth. You see the Queen had already birthed the heir to the throne, a son, a healthy heir but another remains within her. The midwife had called for a priest to get rid of the second child but the palace guards are refusing him entry by order of the King

"Has my wife birthed the second child?" he frantically asked a servant stepping out of the chambers.

"Not yet my Lord the midwife fears the child will be the death of the Queen" the King pales and swallows deeply the Seer had told what would happen if she ever had children, he was so careful he even took a mistress.

"Has the child crowned?" the servant shakes her head and looks hesitant to tell him the next part "Out with it girl"

"The midwife believes this child is blessed by the devil, that this child will bring death to us all-"

"Enough with your silly beliefs my children is pure, has the midwife become a Seer? That she can foretell the future? Has she?!" he screams at her face and she cowers in fear 

"Of course not my Lord, shall I take my leave? I need to collect more water for the Queen" he nods and she scurries away barely looking back in fear that she might anger the King. But the King has more important matters in his mind, like how he will now protect his second who he knows will be a girl just as the Seer says. Because once it is known that the child endangered the Queen's life they will call for her innocent head to roll. He hurries to his study and pulls out the letters his wife has written for their daughter, 19 letters in total one for every year they will be apart. He rolls a painting of the Queen and himself and places it next to the letters. He then picks up a necklace he had made for both his children, his son being the sun to shine and his daughter the moon to cast ethereal beauty on everyone she bewitches. He finally seals the letter he had written to his closest and trusted friend Lord Ares. Hopefully something good will come of this and everyone will be safe. 

Two minutes after he had called for Lord Ares they hear the final cry of the Queen, she had finally birthed the girl after that they waited two seconds to hear the death bell when it did not ring he sighed in relief. A guard burst in "Your Majesty the Queen is requesting your presence and she says to hurry" he nods and he and Lord Ares hurries to her chambers. His son captures his attention first. He looks healthy, strong, everything like him. With chocolate brown hair, ocean  blue eyes, cupid lips and a strong jaw that opens up in a wail when he realized his hungry. He picks his son up as if his the most frailest glass in the world. Lord Ares looks on with a lump in his throat knowing his wife and son died not to long ago hurt him. The daughter made her presence known with a giggle, curious Lord Ares went over and what he saw shocked him. She had hair as white as snow, a complexation to match, light pink bow shaped lips and a cute as can be button nose. her tiny hands reached out to him to indicate an intelligence that her eldest brother did not have. Her eyes is what shocked him the most, she had one sterling grey eye and one forest green one, both wide open as if to capture every moment. He immediately knew he would love this little girl for as long as she lived. Her parents were just as captivated, so was the midwife. 

"What shall we name our prince?" the Queen asked the King and he smiled and touched his son head gently 

"Rohan" the King declared and the Queen nodded "That's a fitting name for a strong prince" the Queen the placed the little princess in her arms a look of sadness clouded her face 

"Ayla" she said softly and the princess gurgled, a tear drop fell from the Queen's eye and the little princess frowned she waved her hands in the air as if to wipe the tears away. "You will grow to be so beautiful my little one and I will miss out on so many moments, but your have to leave me" she places the little girl in Lord Ares's arms and the King looked at his daughter and kissed her forehead while he placed a necklace around her neck it glowed and it seemed as if the princess's eyes glowed with even more age than possible 

"You know what your purpose is little one" he turned to his friend "You know what to do to keep her safe" Lord Ares nodded "May the Gods protect you my friend"

Lord Ares left that very evening and every servant was charmed to believe that only one child was born that night. Lord Ares travelled to the realm of the elves his home, his sister Queen Arabella received them

"Come little brother let's settle the two of you"

********************************************************************************************

Author's note 

Hi everyone this is the start of my fantasy series its not gonna be like anything I've ever written. Yes the story will be in first person its just the prolong that's in second. Also if you could vote comment and recommend it will be helpful to me. Thank you in advance 

lovingashie12