Do i love her or not?

*P.O.V. Evie*

I walked to class, lately I think I'm starting to have feelings for Mal. At first I thought it was just a best friend feeling, but now I think I'm gay.

That's probably also why I'm not in love with Doug anymore, I broke up with him a month ago because I didn't have any feelings for him anymore. It was difficult for him for a while but now I think he is over me. Mal had also broken up with Ben for the same reason a while ago. Not quite the same reason I guess because I think she's straight. 

She probably only broke up with him because she doesn't like him anymore, I don't think she likes me.

 I walked to my place next to Mal, my heart started beating a little faster. "Hi Evie!" she said enthusiastically. "Hello" I said and sat down. ''Nice shoes'' she said and I blushed, I hope she didn't see it, ''Thank you'' I said to her. "Are you going to do anything after school?" I asked her. ''No, why?'' "Would you like to do something fun together?" I asked ''Yes!'' she yelled quite loudly. I had to laugh, she was really funny. ''Silence!'' said the teacher, ''Sorry'' I said to Mal, ''Doesn't matter'' she whispered back. It was quite a boring class, but because I was sitting next to Mal, I didn't mind.

When we were finally out of class, Mal and I walked out, "Where do you want to go?" she asked, ''I was thinking maybe go back to Isle of the lost'' ''Just to see if it's the same'' ''Sounds nice'' she said and we walked across the bridge. 

Shall I tell her that I like her? Maybe I should ask first if she's gay or not. But what happens if she is straight, what should I do than?