Chapter 3

I made a little jump and I felt like time stopped. Did an accident happen? Are my parents okay? Did a loved one die? I was scared and I wanted to run, but curiosity got the better of me. The wind started to blow and my hair went everywhere. my cheeks started to get red from running. The closer i got i started to see some people crowded around a girl that seemed to be my age. I was puzzled about what they were doing. I got closer and saw my parents. The girl had long brown hair and brown eyes. She had tan skin and small earrings. She wore a light pink top and dark blue short shorts. I observed her style. It was way different than mine, or really anyone else's. Maybe she was new to this neighborhood. Or maybe she came from another town. As I got closer I called out to my parents. They seemed to be helping the girl out. As i went near my parents i whispered, "mom what's going on?" She gave me a cloth. "Cory this girl got hurt, can you bring another cloth" I nodded. I went into my house and I wondered how she got hurt. She had a bruise on her knee and it was bleeding profusely. I didn't have much time to think as I went to the kitchen and brought it out fast. I gave it to the girl and she thanked me. I went back into the house and brought her water. "Where are your parents?" my dad asked. She looked up but didn't give an answer. I was starting to get worried and so was my mom. Would she stay with us for a while? What if she lived with us? Did she forget what happened somehow? What if she tripped and fell and got amnesia? Would she ever get her memory back? I was feeling a bit queasy and i didnt know what to do. I went back to my house and went straight up to my room. I looked at all my rocks counting them one by one. I went into the little brown box and saw the pretty white rock and the purplish cristal. I stared at it for a while and then I heard a noise. The door. I went down stairs and I saw my parents help the girl in. She went to the living room and my parents offered her tea. I kinda felt like talking to her but didnt know what to say. I didn't talk to people that often, considering the fact that I didn't have many friends. This village didn't have many kids either. I decided to get myself a cup of tea and headed up to my room but before i could do that my mom called me. "Cory introduce yourself.'' I awkwardly waved at her while I got my tea and said hi. She seemed kinda nice but i didn't really feel like talking. She responded back. "Hi nice to meet you, im ellie!" she smiled. She had a really pretty smile and a little dimple when  she did. She seemed friendly which made me want to talk to her a little more. Maybe I could show her my rock collection. Would she think it's weird though? I sat on the sofa and we started talking. My parents slowly left the room. "Nice to meet you. Im Cory. I've actually never seen you before.. Are you new here or something?" she looked down at her shoes. They had pretty sparkles on them and little laces. Nothing like my shoes. Mine are plain brown boots. I like simple things. Most of the neighborhood does. This girl for some reason seemed different but i didn't say anything that might offend her. She looked back up at me. "Well umm i'm not sure." i looked at my hands and started to say, "what do you mean?" she seemed like she didn't really know. Odd. "i don't really remember. Something happened and i don't really know how to explain it. My memory is kinda blurry." I was worried for Ellie and I wanted to help her but I didn't know what to do. I felt bad for her and it seemed scary that she didn't remember what happened. I took her up to my room and set up some pillows and a blanket on my small sofa I had next to my window. She thanked me and we went to sleep. I hope things get better tomorrow and I also hope she'll retrieve her memory. Hopefully she will recover.