A Toast, to Forgiveness

Yall thought I died huh.

I mean yeah reasonable, but I promised a Part 2 to this and after a year and two months it's finally here. This is smth I've been passively working on since like May of last year and have periodically forgot about, so most of it is very old writing and I only ask you forgive me for that ☠️ this is the final part of this, just as a sort of tie-together thingy 

anyways N didnt have a canon birthday so i made one up. November 24. Write it down folks hes a scorpio

after posting this i will never be associating with this fic again

~

Colress put down the bottle of cleaning spray and the rag he had in his hands on the granite counter, and quickly turned around to survey the kitchen.

Everything appeared to be clean, it was nice and neat, the candles were back where they were initially... check.

Abandoning the cleaning supplies, he left the kitchen and took a turn into the hall to peek into the dining room.

The table was set, the food was served, deserts stacked, Ghetsis about to take a cupcake..

Wait.

"GHETSIS," Colress scolded him, to which the man immediately drew his hand back from the dish and turned his head to look at the scientist, "What did I tell you about those?"

"Cmonnn. Just one?" Ghetsis put a hand on his hip and raised an eyebrow, a small smirk appearing on his lips. "... Please?"

Colress didn't verbally reply, merely narrowed his eyes at him. Thankfully, Ghetsis seemed to take the note; and he sighed, giving up.

"Remember who this is for." Colress remarked, turning away from the dining room and back down the hall. Ghetsis followed.

"Okay, fine. But does everything look nice? Are we dressed nice enough? This sweater isn't too flattering. Neither is your coverup." He caught up to the scientist's speed, who was approaching the laboratory. "This... this is important."

Colress stopped walking and turned to face the bigger man, smiling at him. "I'm glad you think that."

"Why wouldn't I? It's my son's birthday."

"Maybe because for the past twenty-or-so years you haven't."

Ghetsis was about to argue, but he closed his mouth after that remark. That was the truth.

Colress noticed the shift in his energy, and shook his head. He had to keep Ghetsis' spirits up; like he'd just remarked, tonight was important. The blonde man lifted his hands up to Ghetsis' face, resting his palms on the other's cheeks gently. he stroked them with his thumbs, and felt the corners of his mouth upturn in a smile.

"But that's okay, Ghetsis. That's in your past. Focus on the fact it was your idea in the first place to celebrate your son; and that you remembered."

Colress took a step back, letting his arms fall to his side; and he turned away from Ghetsis. "The laboratory needs organizing."

"Do we plan to be using the lab for anything tonight?"

"No," Colress shrugged, "But I'll clean it up while I'm feeling motivated anyways."

As Colress was opening the door at the end of the hall, Ghetsis approached him and put a hand on his shoulder. "How long's that gonna take, huh? What if N gets here while you're still busy?"

The scientist paused, the scoffed. "You can't let your own son in? C'mon, Ghetsis. You can take initiative too. And by the way... we're dressed fine. You, I, and N all know it's better to be underdressed than overdressed."