Prologue ~ Yaelis Dixon

Edited

Mentions~ Drugs, Alcohol

Yaelis Dixon

3 years ago

I didn't look back when I drove away from him. I am finally free from him. Jason was high off of drugs and alcohol when I left. I looked down at my stomach of my growing child. I wished this baby girl wasn't his and I wish I could go back in time to change everything I had done in my life. I wish I never caused my parent's death, I wish I could have had a good relationship with my big sister.

I wish to start my life over

I am heading to Verona to start my life over there. I have an apartment waiting for me when I arrive. No one has helped me with anything I have been on my own even when I called out for help no one came to my rescue. I let tears fall down my face as I got further away from him.

The drive felt so long probably because I had to stop every five minutes to use the restroom. She should be coming soon and I do have some shows to run after my maternity leave. I looked up at the new apartment complex I will be staying in. 

"  Welcome home baby girl," I said and rubbed my stomach. 

I got out of my car and went into the building where I should retrieve the keys to the apartment. The woman at the desk gave me the keys. I really hope I can call this place my home and safe place. It is going to be me and my baby girl. I got back into my car and drove into the parking garage and took some of my bags to my new apartment.

I love the fresh smell of a new place. She told me that no one lived in this apartment yet since the building is new. I placed my bags down I will retrieve everything else sometime tomorrow. Right now I need some sleep I have been driving and running for too long now. I took my blanket and pillow out of one of the bags. I laid down on the floor knowing I probably won't be able to get up in the morning.

My body feels so sore from everything. I let everything take over me and I drifted off to sleep.

...

Present

" Genesi!" I called out. I literally can't find her anywhere. I know I shouldn't be playing hide and go seek with a toddler they find the best hiding spots to the point it's not a game anymore. It's a matter of finding them.

" Mommy," She came from the hall closet. I looked in there.

" How about we do something else? How about going skating or dancing? Maybe shopping?"

" Let's go shopping and then we can get ice cream."

" That wasn't a part of the deal, Geni," She reminds me so much of myself when I was younger. I love this girl too much I am so glad she came into my life. " Now it is," She responded with a huge grin flashing her dimple in her left cheek the same one I have, but hers is much deeper than mine.

We got everything and left the apartment. I buckled her in her seat and headed out to the shopping center. Today everyone is out probably because it is Sunday and who doesn't go out on a Sunday afternoon when it is beautiful and the weather is great?

We went into the ice cream parlor and I got Genesis Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream with sprinkles. Her signature favorite and I got the same because low key it's my favorite also. We went to the shopping center and went in and out of stores. 

" Mommy, can we get a dog?"

" How about when you are eighteen," I said.

" Ok," Thank god I was not about to put myself in the situation, so I just kept it simple. I heard some people yelling behind me, but I didn't pay attention and held Genesis's hand even tighter. It's probably paparazzi. I hope it isn't for me though there are so many other celebrities other than me. I turned my head and turns out it wasn't for me.

There was this man dressed in an all-black tuxedo with a child in his arms. I knew I shouldn't look back because I made direct eye contact with him.

His eyes were brown and he looked back to the camera and microphones. He is one handsome man he has to be a businessman or even more than that.

Yaelis's Prologue is finally done sorry for the wait time, but Matteo's is coming up soon

 Edited ~June 6, 2023

Word Count ~ 820