♤♡13◇♧

Winter's pov:

Twelve long hours later.... and I'm exhausted. I observed a lot today. They said that's how it's going to be for a while. I'll be able to do some hands on work as well, but supervised. Which I'm grateful for. I'm not confident enough to handle anything by myself right now. I'm also grateful we didn't lose any patients today.

They gave me a pager which I thought didn't exist anymore but appreciate they still do. If I'm paged, I have to answer immediately, of possible.

They were a couple of others with me today. One of them is bobbly and positive. Wish I could be that. But I know it wouldn't last long in this field of work unfortunately.

Her name is Chloe. She's around my height, blonde and green eyes and she wears cute little round glasses. We got along well. When we were helping diagnose patients today, we worked together like we've known each other our entire lives. Like our brains were as one. I believe I found a friend.

The other one with me, his name is Jack. I'd like to add something to his name. He is handsome, but rude and cocky. He's a little taller than me. His black hair is nicely cut and his brown eyes are ferice. I don't like him. Every time we'd get a diagnostic wrong he'd be the one to correct is and say, "it's obvious. I didn't think you were that dumb." I scoffed when he said that. I'm trying to maintain a professional attitude while I work here and he's gonna make it difficult. Cause right now I want to smack that smug look he always seems to carry.

Just before I text Bruno to tell him I'm ready, I want to explore a little of the hospital. I already know where the x-ray, E.R., Cat scan and that stuff is. But, I haven't taken a look at where the I.C.U's or the NICU or the nursery. I'm gonna go take a look and head home.

I found the I.C.U's on the 5th floor. Almost all the rooms were full. It was so sad to see them so still and to see that the machines are the only thing keeping them alive right now. The rest is something they have to do. They have to find their way back to this world. And hopefully they do.

They next floor was the NCIU. I saw mothers weep for their newborns and the fathers, barely keeping it together for their wives or girlfriend. In some rooms, it was just the mother.

I wasn't paying attention I'm where I was going or who was in front of me, so I ended up bumping into someone.

"Oh! I'm sorry. My fault. I wasn't watching where I was going." I said to the woman in front of me. Something about her was... familiar. I couldn't place my finger on it.

Her black wavy hair went past her small shoulders. Her brown eyes were what was most familiar. Deep brown with some pain and tears. She's my height, slim and all around just beautiful.

"Oh it's okay. I wasn't paying attention either." She said, with a small smile, wiping a tear away.

"Hey, are you okay?"

She sniffed. "I will be. I finally get to take my son home tomorrow, but he has to have a machine to help with breathe for who knows how long. I'm happy he's strong. Even at 4 weeks." She explained.

"He has Bronchopulmonary dysplasia?" This sounded like Nicolas' nephew.

"Yeah," she frowned. "How did you know?"

"I'm a nurse, and I have heard about cases like his. It's good that he's strong. He can conquer anything now." I smiled.

She looked at me and her frown turned into a ear to ear smile. With that she gave me a hug. "You're right. Thank you."

I let her hug me for a few moments when I felt my phone buzz. "Excuse me. Sorry." I pulled away to take my phone out.

"It's okay."