morning mate

Louis wakes up at 7:00am sharp due to the piercing screech down his ear.

Blindly, he turns his alarm off and let's out a tired huff before ripping his duvet covers off of him.

He has to be in work in roughly two and half hours. Which gives him two for him to get his shit together.

Reluctantly, he gets out of bed to go and do his business in the bathroom.

Once that's done he walks out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped round his waist, making his way to his draws for his work clothes. He takes one of his grey work tops and a pair of black trousers.

After he's dressed he heads downstairs to the kitchen and grabs a bowl for his coco pops.

He's never really liked breakfast, never ate it as a kid but now being 23 and having a full time job where you barely have any time during the day to eat, he had to get back into the routine of eating in the morning. So what better way to do it then having a sugar filled cereal?

The TV plays in the background whilst he scrolls through his social media. He checks Instagram, twitter and Snapchat first either sending messages back, tweeting people back or sending his streaks. Yes, he's 23 and still does streaks. It's mainly to his siblings though so I guess it's fine?

After that he clicks onto tiktok. He hates the app, god knows why he has it. He's always complaining to his best friend, zayn, about how stupid the app is and how whoever posts tiktoks have no real life.

He scrolls through his for you page, liking occasional ones - mostly ones of people embarrassing themselves. The next video he watches is of a boy around his age. The boy has a mop of curly hair, green eyes that could be mistaken for a patch of grass. Damn, Louis does have a weird way for describing people.

Anyways.

During the video the lad is trying to learn a tiktok dance but ends up falling flat on his arse. Louis let's out a loud laugh and instantly likes the video and puts it in his favourites.

More time passes by, Louis getting lost in tiktok, may or may not because of stalking the clumsy tiktok boy, and before he knows it it's ten to nine and he hurries to get the rest of his things together before heading out the door and getting in his car.

The drive to his job takes around 20 minutes, leaving him with 10 to clock in and get the things he needs for his rooms ready.

He walks through the doors of the hotel greeting people as he passes by. The employee on reception hands him his folder which contains stock ups of some hotel needs and his list. Today he had 12 rooms to complete by 3 pm which isn't a problem apart from the fact that half of them don't wake up until 11 am or later, which also could put him behind and prevent him from finishing by his actual finish time.

Honestly he doesn't understand why the housekeepers have to start at such early times in the morning when half the time he is wasting time in mornings anyways. At least he gets paid for it though.

Heading into the staff room, he gets in to see almost all of the housekeepers there already. Some are having a smoking break whilst others set up their caddys and cloths. He clocks in and begins to set up his own caddy so he can get the five rooms he has out done with.

Caddy in one hand, cloths in the other, he simply leaves the staff room and heads for the lift. He doesn't bother to stay and talk to anyone, there's no point when they don't like him. It's not that he's done anything wrong to make them dislike him but he's one of the only boys there and the girls tend to stay altogether and ignore him. Apart from the newbie, kacey, if you want to call her that. She's only been there for around three months. Louis was the one to train her for the first week and she'd been forever grateful about it. She talks to him whenever she passes him, or if they're on break.

She's the only one louis can properly tolerate. Kacey also doesn't have a problem with the fact that louis is gay, where as the others do but they 'do their best' not to show it.

Once reaching the fifth floor of the hotel, he goes into the room with all the trolleys and quickly sets it up. There's no doubt that he'll have to keep running back to get more linen seen as the linen always has reject marks on it.

After everything is packed, he heads to the first room 517 and prepares himself for the mess. The rooms aren't always messy but it's the day after a footie match so the rooms are always worse.

He enters and sighs. The rooms a tip. There's unopened beers though so he takes them and puts them on his trolley so he can take them home later on.

As quickly as he can, he clears the room. Strip, sanatise, setup. It takes him 25 minutes to complete it and then he moves onto his next room.

After a while he finishes all of his rooms that had already checked out. He had to spend some time going to the different floors and getting more linen seen as half of his were rejects as per normal.

It was now 11:30 am and he wanted to get one more room done before he went on break. Seeing as he was too occupied with his rooms, he didn't know if any other guests had checked out.

He reached room 509 and prepared himself for it.

*knock knock* "housekeeping!" louis calls out. No answer. *knock knock* "housekeeping!" he calls again. Still no answer.

He takes his key card and puts it again the scanner so he can get in the room.

The room was dark, curtains still drawn shut and the lamps all off. He didn't think anything of it as this was how most rooms were left.

He reached his hand out for the light switch and flicked it on. Only then did he realise that there was someone still in bed.

Louis stood in shock and embarrassment. This had only happened to him like twice and each time he reacted similarly.

The figure on the bed began to turn over and face louis. His messy bed hair was the first thing that louis noticed.

"morning mate." the person said from the bed, a guilty smile playing on their face.

This shook louis out of his trance before he started apologising.

"I-I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to walk in I swear. It's just I knocked twice and there was no answer so I just walked in. I'm sorry, I'm really sorry. Please don't report me, I'm begging. It won't happen again, I promise." louis rambled with a panicked look on his face.

The person in bed just gave a light chuckle at his nervous state.

"don't worry about it, it's fine. It's not your fault really, I should've been awake seen as check out is soon. Don't stress it, honestly." they informed.

At that, Louis visibly relaxed.

"thank you so much. Is there anything I can get you before you leave?" he asked.

"no thank you, I'll be out your way shortly. Sorry for the inconvenience."

Louis shrugged it off with a small smile. He bidded the person a goodbye and left to go on his break and calm himself down.

He never saw the person again after that. He went and cleaned the room, green eyes and messy curls clouding his mind.

The same green eyes and curls he saw on tiktok.

Of course. Louis thought. Of course he'd walk in on the kid he stalked on tiktok. What are the chances of that happening? Apparently not zero.

As he was sanatising the room, he cleared the desk only to find a piece of paper and a £20 note.

This is to make up for the inconvenience, use it on something useful

- Harry :)

What the actual fuck? Who gives someone twenty quid just for sleeping in? Louis isn't gonna complain though, money is money.

With that being done, he completed the rest of his rooms and went home, thankful that he had the next day off.

He couldn't wait to tell zayn about his encounter.