Chapter 8: "Who brought this sassy chihuahua here?"

-"Huh. Whenever you make an important announcement, the demons couldn't care less. But rumors...they really do spread like wildfire." Barbatos comments with his hand on his chin, sighing at the RAD students' behavior.

Shortly after me and Mammon are seated, the rest of the brothers arrive to the school, and Lucifer, Lord Diavolo, and Barbatos decided to pay me a visit in my class.

-"Just when I thought the uproar about the new exchange student from the human world had started to subside some, now they're all freaking out about this." Barbatos continues, shaking his head in disapproval.

Why is he making me feel like it's my fault?!

...Well, it kinda is my fault, not gonna lie...

-"Come now, don't say that, Barbatos." Diavolo chuckles, "Actually, I'd say that all this gossip is a good thing. It means that everyone will be watching this human, which makes it hard for any demon to go after (Y/N)'s soul when no one is looking."

No, no, he's got a point.

He turns to look at me, giving me a smile so sweet that I forgot he is supposed to be the freaking demon king.

-"I must say, I can't believe you managed to forge a pact with Mammon, (Y/N). That's no small feat. And what's more, you did it in such a short time." He says.

-"That is indeed what I told her this morning." Lucifer nods, "And again like I said earlier, we continue to expect great things out of you, (Y/N)."

He stares down at me, a serious look on his face and his arms crossed over his chest. Some strands of his dark hair fall over one of his ruby eyes, completely covering it, however, I am able to see its usual brilliant gleam shine just as brightly as his uncovered eye.

Both his eyes shine like the world's finest jewels, like an amber burning up in flames, yet, these same eyes are able to maintain an overwhelming calmness, the same way a beautiful sunset illuminates across the horizon yet brings a sort of serenity to its onlookers.

I never fully understood what it meant to lose yourself in someone's eyes until I gazed into his. Time just seems to stop as we both silently look into each other's eyes.

Realizing how awkward the situation is becoming, and hoping to not make it seem like I have been staring at him for too long, I clear my throat.

-"Thank you. I will make sure to do my best to not disappoint you." I reply humbly, suddenly finding the floor really interesting and looking at it instead of Lucifer, trying to avoid staring at him again in order to not raise suspicious.

He must be thinking I'm some sort of weirdo right now. Ugh.

An exaggerated sigh comes from Mammon and he stands up heading towards the door.

-"Where are you going, Mammon?" I raise an eyebrow.

-"What?! I am going to the restroom! Or am I supposed to piss myself, now?!" He asks me in a mocking way.

-"Mammon?" Lucifer says in a threatening tone, not pleased at the way Mammon is talking, especially in front of Lord Diavolo.

Mammon gulps.

-"Uuuh, I meant that I just really need to go." He corrects himself.

-"Fine. But I expect you to be back here as soon as possible, don't even think about skipping." I say firmly and he scoffs at my command.

-"Yeah, yeah. Whatever." He rolls his eyes and walks away.

-"Tsk." Lucifer clicks his tongue in disapproval. "He is truly the most troublesome brother I have and the one that gives me the most headaches." He rubs his temples, making Diavolo laugh.