Return.

I looked at the sky blue sea and felt the wind blow through me. I smiled. I could see the slight shadow of a human being. It was night, mind you, and my vision wasn't always the best. 

"Hey." I whispered and the young female turned around in fright.

"W-Who are you?" she said looking at my face.

I turned away in pain. "Why are you doing out here at night?" I asked, trying my best to keep my face out of her view.

"It's Mother's birthday today." she smiled.

"Is it? Aren't you going to celebrate with her?" I asked.

"She's....not here anymore." the young girl answered, picking up a a basket full of seashells, and crabs, I dearly loved crabs steamed with creamy sauce.

"How did she go?" I asked.

"Father said she didn't have a choice. The sea monsters took her, Mother saved me when I was a baby." she said sadly.

I stroked her head. What a familiar smell.

"She loved crabs. A lot." The little girl laughed.

I chuckled, "Your father must have loved her a lot to know that.".

"I wish...she would meet me one day. Why are you on this beach?" she asked.

"Looking around. Your mother would have been proud. Who knows, maybe, she'll appear one day" I winked.

The girl nodded, beaming her beautiful chubby cheeks and turned, going back to the lonely house with a glimmer of light.

Ah, yes. I remember that house.

"Wait!" I called.

She turned as I walk up to her, still keeping a distance. 

I pulled down my necklace. 

"Take this." I said passing her my crab claw.

"It'll keep you safe." and she thanked me and went off.

I look at her, her midnight black hair and hazel eyes identical to mine.

I see her white dress, the one which used to be mine.

I see her running back and I remember the memories long forgotten.

I closed my eyes.

"The sea is alive. All the time. She will have to go through this too..." I muttered.

He grabbed my arm as I rush to the sea.

It is my fate.

I leapt up and tried to stop the big wave, in the end I gave myself for the sake of the world's safety.

What came from the sea.

Must return to it.