Let's run

Summary:

After a brief nap, Takemichi clears his mind and decides he won't give up. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
And-
Takemichi meets Mikey.

Notes:

takemichi' pov only this time!
this is the longest chapter until now.
dashi run run run
maybe a bit of angst?

.
.
.
.
.
.

It was impressive how he managed to sleep in Sanzu’s arms.

The same arms that pointed a gun right at him just hours before.

But the sleep helped him. He needed it. From all the shit that he’s been through in those hours. How many hours had passed since he switched bodies with his soulmate?

"You’re awake already?" It was Sanzu’s voice.

Takemichi felt his cheeks burn, he was still resting in Sanzu’s arms.

"Y-Yeah." Takemichi nodded and sat upright again. His arms felt sore from being tied to his back. "How long have I been asleep?" Takemichi asked. He noticed that they were still in the car.

"About an hour." This time, Kakucho answered. "The traffic’s terrible."

"I told you, that hotel is so damn far." Sanzu rolled his eyes and looked out through the tinted window. "We’ve been stuck here for twenty minutes. Twenty-fucking-minutes. Ugh."

"It’s cold." Takemichi whispered. It must be around three in the morning.

"And what the fuck do you want me to do-?!" Sanzu was interrupted by Kakucho.

"Turn the heater on." Kakucho ordered the driver. The man quickly obeyed. "Tell me if you still feel cold."

"Alright. Thank you." 

Takemichi looked out the window, and he felt his heart stop beating for a moment.

He recognized those streets.

His apartment was close.