Chapter 14

Riley's POV

When the day of school finally finished I decided to walk home but it didn't look that nice out, as soon as I stepped out of the parking lot it started to rain. I put my hood up and started running, as I was running there were a group of girls laughing at me because they had their umbrellas but I just ignored them.

When I was about half way home my sweater was drenched and my hair was wet. I decided just to walk when I saw a car stop beside me and I realized it was James.

"Need a ride?"

"What do you think." I smile and hop in.

When we pull up to my house I see that my dads home and he doesn't get home until 7 normally so I know something's up.

"Thanks for the ride." I say.

"No problem."

I get inside and my dad is sitting on the couch and he looks pretty upset.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

He sighs, "I'll tell you and Em when mom gets home at 4."

"Okay...."
••••

When my mom finally gets home we have a early dinner and I know this is the time my dads going to say what happened.

"Everyone, I have some news." By my dads expression I can tell it's bad.

"I got fired today." He says.

"What happened!?" Em asks.

"I honestly don't know, but I'll try to find another job."

"Would we have to move?" I ask.

"Most likely, what I went to school for there are not many jobs around here for it." My mom stays silent.

"But what if I don't want to move, I mean I'm graduating this year and I don't want to switch!" I start to raise my tone.

"But sweetie, you could make down friends at a new school." My mom says.

"Well what if I already have some friends that I happy with!" I yell.

"Like I said you could make some new ones."

I had enough so I got up from the table and ran up to my room and started to Cry.